First Away Game

FloMoGrad

Other than the 1st quarter of play, it was a great trip. Staying at the team hotel was the best call, we got to share a 22 floor elevator ride with Coach Dan and Coach Canales, both very personable and engaged my 2.5 yr old son. Can't express the impact he had on my wife and I, we were both just so impressed and pleased that we're represented by this staff.

Got a chance to meet up with Harry and Evan in the lobby as well as many players parents, and 2nd cool elevator trip of the day, met Ernie Kuehne and sat in the lobby talking with him for 20 minutes or so. Another class act of which I'm proud to have help represent our school. I made sure to thank him for his donation before he could bring it up, and let him know he inspires me to do more, so I can make more, so I can give more.

And at the game, met some adopted fans, Smoothfresh and his wife and son. It was meant to be, our sons are born a week apart and showed up to the game with matching t-shirts. These are folks who graduated from schools other than UNT, but due to where they live, have adopted UNT, got club level seats, and came to the FIU game. Again, fans like these inspiure me to do more, to make more, to buy more.

Overall, aside from the actual game itself, could not have enjoyed the experience any better and for those who haven't done it, go to a road game, experience the feeling of unity thru green, makes next weekend's home game even sweeter.

And I don't know if she reads the board or not, but uber love to Michael Stojkovic's Mom, who was kind enough to let our family of 4 pile in to their car for the walk around the stadium to the visitor's entrance in the rain. We'll be rooting for #31 with a little extra passion.

• Upvote 3

Other than the 1st quarter of play, it was a great trip. Staying at the team hotel was the best call, we got to share a 22 floor elevator ride with Coach Dan and Coach Canales, both very personable and engaged my 2.5 yr old son. Can't express the impact he had on my wife and I, we were both just so impressed and pleased that we're represented by this staff.

Got a chance to meet up with Harry and Evan in the lobby as well as many players parents, and 2nd cool elevator trip of the day, met Ernie Kuehne and sat in the lobby talking with him for 20 minutes or so. Another class act of which I'm proud to have help represent our school. I made sure to thank him for his donation before he could bring it up, and let him know he inspires me to do more, so I can make more, so I can give more.

And at the game, met some adopted fans, Smoothfresh and his wife and son. It was meant to be, our sons are born a week apart and showed up to the game with matching t-shirts. These are folks who graduated from schools other than UNT, but due to where they live, have adopted UNT, got club level seats, and came to the FIU game. Again, fans like these inspiure me to do more, to make more, to buy more.

Overall, aside from the actual game itself, could not have enjoyed the experience any better and for those who haven't done it, go to a road game, experience the feeling of unity thru green, makes next weekend's home game even sweeter.

And I don't know if she reads the board or not, but uber love to Michael Stojkovic's Mom, who was kind enough to let our family of 4 pile in to their car for the walk around the stadium to the visitor's entrance in the rain. We'll be rooting for #31 with a little extra passion.

Great post. Thanks for sharing.

Rick

I would've killed for a car ride from where I parked to the stadium! I was soaked through-and-through by the time I got inside. I was proud of all the Mean Green fans who showed up; nothing about that game was ideal conditions, from the weather to the 1st quarter stampede by FIU to the outcome, but nearly everyone stuck it out to the end. I sat down by some folks who turned out to be Chris Bynes' family.