Wow!

emmitt01

I was at the game. My thoughts on Floyd Casey Stadium: Apogee looks even better. If you think Denia isn't that great, you should see the area around that stadium - sheesh. FWIW, my fiance is a Baylor alum. Couldn't pass up the free 50 yd line tickets.

The game reminded me of the old SWC day's!!!! NCAA killed SMU to brake up SWC, so all the other power schools around the US could recruit Texas talent. Now, A&M is kicking Texas in the head once more. The short view is the UT network, but A&M is going to be really bad in the SEC over time. What's A&M going to do start recruiting the Southeast, No. Do you really think they'll ever out recruit UT, OU, or fill in the blank.

I'm no fan of the BCS, but to have no power conference in Texas won't be good for the Texas in the long run!!!

The game reminded me of the old SWC day's!!!! NCAA killed SMU to brake up SWC, so all the other power schools around the US could recruit Texas talent. Now, A&M is kicking Texas in the head once more. The short view is the UT network, but A&M is going to be really bad in the SEC over time. What's A&M going to do start recruiting the Southeast, No. Do you really think they'll ever out recruit UT, OU, or fill in the blank.

I'm no fan of the BCS, but to have no power conference in Texas won't be good for the Texas in the long run!!!

A&M is kicking Texas in the head? :blink:

I thought Texas' "brand" was so powerful that it didn't matter what anyone else did.

Texas is kicking itself in the head by jumping the shark. A&M is simply moving to a better conference while it has the chance to do so. Otherwise, they'd be stuck going to the Pac-12/16 with OU and Texas were the culture is completely difference than either the SEC, Big 12, old Big 8, or old SWC.

A&M is off the Titanic in a life boat. OU is in line to get in the next life boat. Texas, captain of the sinking vessel, is still trying to get people to go back into the ballroom and dance.

• Upvote 1

That has got to be one of the boldest claims I've ever seen on the internet. Any evidence to back it up?

Evidence? His claim directly after this one is that aTm will never outrecruit UT in the southwest when they're asking kids to play in the best (and it's beyond dispute), and most stable conference in America (think many kids would rather play half their games on the west coast or go to a Big XII that is rife with potential detections and/or replacements who are of lesser quality or from Utah?) "Hey kid, I know aTm's conference has won the last five national titles but doesnt a trip to Eugene Oregon sound fun?" or "I know you keep hearing that half this conference is looking elsewhere but dont yoi worry. If they leave we're getting SMU!"

Evidence is standing at the back of the line behind logic and common sense.

Edited by emmitt01