Apogee Stadium P A System

greenjoe

I got to Apogee at about 5:50 anticipating a 6:00 kickoff. When the weather delay was announced, the "wing-tron" was blank for the most part. There were a few ESPN promos and at one point stadium announcer Tim Crouch spoke welcoming everyone to Apogee. I thought the PA was very distorted for the Tim Crouch announcements. As if the volume was turned up too high or through very cheap speakers. The ESPN broadcast was better but too loud. Again, as if forcing too much power through the speakers.

As I walked in from the AC parking lot, I was impressed with how little sound came from BEHIND the wing-tron. All the sound came out to the north-where the fans are. The distortion concerns me.

GO MEAN GREEN

Wasn't there for the announcement, but the sound quality from ESPN was outstanding. They did have it cranked up too loud.

Wasn't there for the announcement either, but the sound from the broadcast sounded great to me.

If there was a negative, I think there was a bit of echo bouncing off the emptier sections of the stadium. I think the sound quality will be even better with more people in the stands.

I would guess around 500. The band came out before the game, including the dance team.

I took the opportunity to move around from where we will be sitting and enjoyed the view from numerous seats.

This is probably the eighth or ninth time I have gone to the stadium, and I just really enjoy BEING there.

I hope we can move the place from stadium to home to home-field advantage quickly.

GMG

• Upvote 1

I was there for the announcement and it was awful. Positively terrible. Something is very wrong here. Our announcer sounded like he was talking on a $10 mic he bought at Radio Shack that was running out of battery power. Hopefully they'll figure that out and fix it. Because the sound system is good. You could tell from the radio before the game and the game itself. It's loud and very clear. But something is very wrong with the announcers mic at this point.

I was there for the announcement and it was awful. Positively terrible. Something is very wrong here. Our announcer sounded like he was talking on a $10 mic he bought at Radio Shack that was running out of battery power. Hopefully they'll figure that out and fix it. Because the sound system is good. You could tell from the radio before the game and the game itself. It's loud and very clear. But something is very wrong with the announcers mic at this point.

Nothing like honing in on the most disposable part of a sound system.