One reason why I'm really bummed

SUMG

Think the first game will now be a sellout....a record crowd? I sure hope so, but after yesterday, I have my doubts. If we had just played decently....lost say 24-14...something like that, I think we would have been fine.

I thought we would play well...but not win. The one thing I didn't think would happen...was us getting blown out.

Anyway, not giving up on Coach Mac or the team. Will be there on Sept. 10...and it will still be unbelievably special. But just not so sure there will be 30,849 others there with me. GMG!

I hear ya...Frankly I'm surprised we haven't announced a sellout yet. I thought there would be enough locals that would want to come out to the new stadium. I'm hoping the students really come out in large numbers. It's tough when most people haven't seen us win in so many years at home. Nevertheless, I'm coming from Houston with my 4.

A decent showing, that's all I ask. I thought the team looked flat, tentative, and dare I say, imtimidated? Sure thought I would see better effort. I guess we can write it off as first game jitters? <_<

You MIGHT have first game jitters against someone like Alabama. But SunBelt conference champion or not, you don't have first game jitters against the FIU's of the world.

Think the first game will now be a sellout....a record crowd? I sure hope so, but after yesterday, I have my doubts. If we had just played decently....lost say 24-14...something like that, I think we would have been fine.

I thought we would play well...but not win. The one thing I didn't think would happen...was us getting blown out.

Anyway, not giving up on Coach Mac or the team. Will be there on Sept. 10...and it will still be unbelievably special. But just not so sure there will be 30,849 others there with me. GMG!

I predicted 24-14 as well...and used that as my stance for a decent game w/out actually winning.

Were we really going to win this game? Doubtful. I just think that most of us looked at this game realistically. We knew we were not going to win, but still expected a good showing nonetheless.

24-14 would have been awesome (even for a loss). We could build upon that. Now we are left wondering if we will even win one game this season?