Some depth chart surprises

island eagle

Drew Miller, 2nd team at TE. Tyler Stradford running 2nd team at receiver, Jamize Olawae 2nd team at WR, Ayodele Adedipe 2nd teamd at RG, Nicolas Summerfield 2nd team center, Lincoln and White 2nd team on DL, Boutwell ahead of Abbe at DT. January 2nd at MLB. The rest of the chart looks pretty much like I expected based upon what news we have been able to get out of camp.

• Upvote 1

I hadn't heard anything about McCord sliding over to safety.

Surprised Daniel Prior is not in the 2-deep. Yes, I know he is technically a U-back, but they have usually listed him at the TE spot. But he was an absolutely outstanding blocker last year.

Shocked not to see DaWaylon Cook starting, much less failing to make the 2-deep.

Shocked not to see DaWaylon Cook starting, much less failing to make the 2-deep.

For sure.

It doesn't sound like he's still hurt or anything. Coach McCarney said during his press conference that we're fully healthy except for a handful of players and he did not mention DaWaylon. Maybe he just didn't get to see as much out of DaWaylon this fall since he was still recovering. Or, maybe he saw what he wanted from McCord, Downing, Shorter & Graham. Surely coach Bowen contributed to (or maybe even made) this call. Gotta trust them that they know what they're doing, but a shock for sure.

Biggest surprise to me at least before someone broke the news here a day or two ago, is that McCoy is starting at DE. Boutwell starting not a surprise other than McCarney had already announced Abbe would start. Somewhat unexpected Cook missing from 2 deep, also Anyiam, Bellazin and White and Jackson on second team. Glad to see Hamilton has key backup at TB.

According to his plan, he will play a lot of players so being first or second team may not be that big of deal except at QB and TB.