Watched Boone Feldt tonight

Cr1028

Hays Rebels beat the Akins Eagles 42-7 at Bob Shelton stadium. It was strange how similar the view was to catching a game at old Fouts(I hadn't seen a HS game in almost 10yrs).

Boone Feldt was bigger and stronger than anyone on the field. He just overpowered his man. He got flagged for holding a couple times but only because he drove his man 30yds from the play. It looked like he lost his cool once because he drove his man from the middle of the field all the way to the sideline and then on his back. The kid he drove laid there a few minutes before getting up and limping to the other sideline. He got sat on the bench for the rest of the half after that play.

I like his intensity. He is a solid recruit and once Wintrich and Simmonds get ahold of him, he will be a 4yr starter.

Another kid impressed me too. He is just a sophomore but is a 6' 226lb DT(in a 3-4 defense) who goes to the whistle on every play and shows no fear. If he stays in the weight room the next 2 yrs, he could be a big time recruit too.

• Upvote 4

• 3 months later...