UNT lands $20 Million Naming Sponsorship w/Apogee

Harry

I just wanted to let you know how much we North Texas alumni, students and fans appreciate you for your substantial commitment to The University of North Texas. I'll be honest I did not know a lot about your organization prior to the announcement today. From what I am learning you have a great company that is poised for growth. I promise you that I will learn more about you in the coming days and I will share it with everyone that I come into contact with both business and personal. I truly believe you have made a very wise investment in North Texas and that we can really help each other. The future is bright for both of us and we look forward to a long and prosperous partnership!

THANK YOU APOGEE FROM THE FANS OF GOMEANGREEN.COM!!!

This post has been promoted to an article

Big step for UNT!!! I just watched the press conference and I am very impressed with the direction that our school is embarking on. I too will be reading more about Apogee in the next couple of days. From an alumni in Jacksonville, Florida... THANK YOU APOGEE!!!!!

UNT President V. Lane Rawlins, Apogee CEO Chuck Brady, and UNT Athletic Director Rick Villareal announced Friday a 20-year, $20 million naming sponsorship for UNT's Apogee Stadium.

Dear Alum,

I am excited to tell you that thanks to a 20-year, $20 million naming sponsorship agreement, UNT's new stadium will be called Apogee Stadium.

Having Apogee, the nation's largest provider of on-campus residential networks, as a sponsor is a great fit because of the company's commitment to serving higher education. This sponsorship, which is believed to be among the largest naming-rights agreements for college football stadiums to date, is a significant step forward for the entire university. Having a state-of-the-art venue with such strong sponsorship raises our visibility in new ways and it further cements our position as the leading university for the North Texas region.

In our quest to become one of the best, we have dedicated ourselves to growing as a university equally committed to academics, the arts and athletics — and this partnership is one more way that we are fulfilling that pledge. UNT's Apogee Stadium gives the UNT community and our entire fan base a first-rate venue for cheering on the Mean Green and experiencing world-class entertainment. I hope to see you there all season.

This sponsorship is part of a new wave of initiatives that are pushing us along the path of excellence. The stadium, along with the new Business Leadership Building that opens this fall, is transforming our campus environment. Our investments to enhance our students' education are making us stronger. And we are deepening our impact by engaging our communities in new ways.

I'm proud of the progress we are making and of the recognition we are receiving. This latest collaboration proves that others see our potential and are excited to join us on our journey of excellence. This is a great start to a new academic year — one that's only going to get better. Our future holds so much promise. Thank you for being a part of it.

Sincerely,

V. Lane Rawlins

President