Head of the UNT BOR - C. Dan Smith

adman

Haven't seen any chatter on the board about it but during the Apogee Stadium press conference it was mentioned, (almost as a throw away line) that C. Dan Smith is done at the end of the month.

We should throw that guy a party. MUCH is owed to him.

Anyone know who may be replacing him?

• Upvote 2

Agreed about C.Dan he has been a great leader for UNT when we needed it most. He will have to be thought of in the highest regard historically in terms of what he has done for UNT and especially athletics.

Here is a link to the current BOR: http://untsystem.unt.edu/regents/profiles.htm

Typically you will see the chairman come from the current group of regents.

Interesting to note that our 5 year Masters in Accounting program has landed two of the younger Regents, Brint Ryan and Steve Mitchell.

As to who will replace C. Dan, my guess would be Brint Ryan. Here's a bio from his service on the Superbowl committee: http://www.northtexassuperbowl.com/committee/brint-ryan

He has the whole package, he's a UNT grad, he lives in Dallas, smart, VERY successful and has strong political ties. Also of note he has worked with Bill Lively who we just hired for a strategic position at UNT. I wonder if his company is not a part of this next big gift we are hearing about and perhaps he is named as the Chairman of the Board? Again no source on this just deductive reasoning. GMG!

My thanks to C. Dan Smith for all the great work he has done for UNT for many years. He is deserving of our gratitude and appreciation for a job well done. I am sure he will be missed just as much as I am sure UNT will see another great leader step forward to chair the Board of regents.

Well done Mr. Smith!