Things Just Got A Little More Lively

adman

This is bigger than stadium naming rights.

Voertman's $8MM donation.

And maybe even uniform talk.

Bill Lively has been named - Vice Chancellor of Strategic Partnerships.

Everything this guy touches turns to gold.

http://web3.unt.edu/...cfm?story=12283

HUGE. HUGE. HUGE.

Welcome back Bill!

You are so right on, sir. Saw that announcement on 5 at 4 news today.

And maybe one who can help SMU thaw out a tad, too, concerning North Texas? One can only hope.

GMG!

"His new post as UNT's vice chancellor will involve fundraising, particularly at UNT Dallas, which comes as a welcomed challenge, as Lively lived in Oak Cliff for 34 years. He will also work with UNT's other campuses in tandem with the presidents and faculty."

Pegasus News

D Mag

And then there is this:

Lively will support activities at all three UNT System campuses, particularly at UNT, the system's flagship university located in Denton, and the new UNT Dallas. "I'm thrilled about assisting my old alma mater," he said. "It feels like I'm coming home again."

This is HUGE news that just happens to be buried in the excitement of a $20mil donation to our new stadium.

My only concern is that he is still reporting to (and taking orders from) Lee Jackson. Hopefully, he can convince Jackson that UNT-Denton is the cash cow that can fund UNT-Dallas. Invest in Denton and let the rewards trickle down to Dallas.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

GREAT GET for North Texas! If you don't know anything about this guy...find out! He is the real deal! Excellent move. The news just keeps getting better and better!

GO MEAN GREEN!

People are taking notice of what UNT is doing these days, and it is all good!

This is HUGE news that just happens to be buried in the excitement of a $20mil donation to our new stadium.

My only concern is that he is still reporting to (and taking orders from) Lee Jackson. Hopefully, he can convince Jackson that UNT-Denton is the cash cow that can fund UNT-Dallas. Invest in Denton and let the rewards trickle down to Dallas.

I believe we've reached the point where no one should talk shit about Lee Jackson. Period. End of Story.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I believe we've reached the point where no one should talk shit about Lee Jackson. Period. End of Story.

Lee F. Jackson still needs to go. The recent developments are the result of Villarreal, President Rawlins, Hank D. and the BOR. Jackson should be nicknamed "Casper" considering he is nowhere to be found.

Lee F. Jackson still needs to go. The recent developments are the result of Villarreal, President Rawlins, Hank D. and the BOR. Jackson should be nicknamed "Casper" considering he is nowhere to be found.

At least he's not a brick wall, stopping progress. I have no inside information. I'm basing my opinion solely on observation. I consider the last 4-5 years the best ever at UNT. Maybe a history buff with a larger sample size can debate it, but the improvements and continued upward path of the entire university during the time that he's been here have been remarkable. Whether or not he's the catalyst, or a ghost riding on others coattails, at least he's not impeding progress.

What has he really done to earn the scorn of so many on this board? UNT Dallas? Sheesh, even with that project on-going, we've managed pretty well, IMHO.

• Upvote 2