Rick Perry on A$M to SEC rumors:

NT80

The key phrase is “As far as I know, conversations are being had.” The response by the governor, a former Aggie yell leader and likely future presidential candidate, went beyond the Twitter and message board speculation that erupted in the last 48 hours.

Perry didn’t say if the conversations were strictly internal at this point or involved direct discussions with the Southeastern Conference.

Texas A&M offered this reply when asked to respond: “President Loftin is committed to doing what is best for Texas A&M not only now, but also into the future. We continue to have wide-ranging conversations regarding all aspects of the university, including both academics and athletics.”

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/college-sports/texas-aggies/20110810-rick-perry-on-am-to-sec-rumors-conversations-are-being-had_.ece

• Downvote 1

The key phrase is “As far as I know, conversations are being had.” The response by the governor, a former Aggie yell leader and likely future presidential candidate, went beyond the Twitter and message board speculation that erupted in the last 48 hours.

Perry didn’t say if the conversations were strictly internal at this point or involved direct discussions with the Southeastern Conference.

Texas A&M offered this reply when asked to respond: “President Loftin is committed to doing what is best for Texas A&M not only now, but also into the future. We continue to have wide-ranging conversations regarding all aspects of the university, including both academics and athletics.”

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/college-sports/texas-aggies/20110810-rick-perry-on-am-to-sec-rumors-conversations-are-being-had_.ece

Rumors have been out there the last couple of weeks about Big 12 conference realignment (blow up). There have been blogs and talks about Kansas and Kansas State bolting to the Big East as well as A&M moving to the S/E conference along with Mizzou. I believe the big 12 had meetings earlier this month with the intent of nipping the rumors in the bud, my guess is the realignment talk is more than rumors and their meetings didn't go so well. Lots of buzz on the web...Here is one link:

http://www.pitch.com/plog/archives/2011/08/01/missouri-to-the-sec-kansas-to-the-big-east-the-conference-realignment-rumors-are-back

Look, the only people left on the planet who don't think A&M is gone and the Minus 2 is done are the delusional Longhorn fans. How Texas thinks any of this will benefit them is impossible to imagine.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Like help his state remain one of the leading economic engines this country has left? Nah! Probably chalks that up on the "Done That" list.

Rick

I was thinking working on putting the teachers back to work.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Like help his state remain one of the leading economic engines this country has left? Nah! Probably chalks that up on the "Done That" list.

Rick

I follow your point Rick, but why are we having such budget issues when the above is true. Perry is not presedential material and only borderline governor material. Oh, I am a Republican