Wednesday Circle Drill

AndersonUNT

Trice is a strong man for his size.

Rick

With transfer like him and Feldt, summer commitments from guys with three stars and another with offers from Mike Stoops at Arizona and Larry Fedora at Southern Miss...you get the feeling we are about to see something in Denton we haven't seen since the Fry Era.

Seriously, with all the conference shake-up talk, a strong season and these facilities, plus this coaching staff will go a long way.

If you've traveled to many OOC games, you can easily see the new stadium is far and above most mid-majors. It makes Tulsa's refurbish job look completely amateur. It's more unique by far than SMU's Ford.

I've been to:

Jack Trice at Iowa State - New Mean Green is far better. I'm sure McCarney would agree as well.

Chapman/Skelly at Tulsa - Not even close

Ford at SMU - New Mean Green better

Louisiana - Lord, not even close.

FIU - Ditto, Louisiana

Folsom at Colorado - The atmosphere is bound to be better if it's sold out. Folsom, I believe still has the erector set, aluminum seats in one end zone

Wagner at Kansas State - Look, the KSU student section may be the loudest pound-for-pound in the country; but the New Mean Green stadium is better than the rehab job that the actual stadium really is.

New Mexico State - New Mean Green is ridiculous better.

I didn't go to Ball State...but, can anyone who did go tell me that stadium was better than what we have now?

We have something to offer. And, if we start winning now, it can get better in a hurry. A decade ago, USF and UConn weren't even in the picture. Now, they're both BCS AQs. We can make that climb.

Having Dan McCarney with longtime ties with ADs and coaches in bigger conferences can't hurt either.

However you slice it, these Circle Drill clips are really exciting. I don't see how any non-season ticket holder watches those and doesn't buy in. I bought in last week. It really is time to believe in this thing and buy in.

The final piece of the puzzle is winning. The athletic department has pretty much delivered everything we've spent about the last decade bitching about. They've put their money where their mouths were; it's time for us to do the same.

If you can't afford a whole season ticket package, get together with another family or two and split one. Look, the end zone seats are 4 for $400 bucks, 6 games. For the view in those seats, that's insanely low.

Hell, go in with 6 other people and get a package. That'd be $66.67 per game. Four tickets, four drinks, and a pizza for $66.67. Dude, you cannot beat that. Each of your friend picks a game.

I don't care how you do it, but do it. These guys - the players, coaches, and athletic department - are working hard to make this thing go. We can put our butts in the seats to help push it the rest of the way with them!

I have a butt, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I didn't go to Ball State...but, can anyone who did go tell me that stadium was better than what we have now?

I went to Ball State and their stadium is no where close to matching the MGS. It's a simple designed stadium but doesn't have near the accommodating features and sightlines and is a much smaller venue as well. There's absolutely no comparison.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Marcus Trice looks the part. Threw Baine around pretty good.

Here's what I like about McCarney: Trice has earned two letters at OU, but he's still wearing the two stripes on the practice helmet. Everyone earns their way with Coach McCarney. That's excellent news for the future.

Maybe I missed it but do we know how the stripes are removed? I know it is being used as kind of a prove yourself tool but I was just curious as to exactly what got them removed.