Opening Music for UNT New Stadium?

Harry

I really don't have a problem with Thunderstuck by ACDC but also enjoyed when they played The Who Won't get Fooled Again. Any suggestions for what we should hear when they are lining up for kickoff in the new palace?

The simple fact is, because we don't really have a long time song/piece we use,you'll get several thousand opinions on what would be the best intro music.

Because I tend to appreciate when schools use some sort of marching band fanfare when teams run onto the field, I'd say something by Hanz Zimmer (who writes the best "macho" action music for films, and the occasional tv show, today).

Maybe something like this...

or this...

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 1

Round out the Tank by Mystikal.

I just can't see young kids getting hyped to old people music.

I agree with a previous poster, let's shoot for something that came out this decade.

I want the players to get hyped, not a bunch of middle aged, beer bellied men going bannanas.

Edited by Got5onIt

I think we should all turn respectfully to face due north as the band plays "The Way We Were" and we stare misty eyed at Fouts across I35E. That our something that get's the crowd going nuts. If the players need a song to get them hyped up for the first game, then they shouldn't be on the field.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I think we should all turn respectfully to face due north as the band plays "The Way We Were" and we stare misty eyed at Fouts across I35E. That our something that get's the crowd going nuts. If the players need a song to get them hyped up for the first game, then they shouldn't be on the field.

So why play music then? Or even the fight song? Music can be a great addition to the moment for any player.

Hell, how about they take requests before each game if there's no point to it???

ACDC TNT updated to UNT something like

UNT we're dynomite,

UNT we'll win the fight.

UNT a power load.

UNT watch us explode.

"No No No never no never no never."

I can't believe I've been sucked into this semi-annual thread again but if ACDC is playing to crank things up I may have to leave. So tired. So old. So annoying.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2