Tuesday's Circle Drill

NCMeanGreen

That's #99 Terrell Brooks in the third group. Looks good. Too bad we don't have Feldt til next year.

Rick

true...but he can help out this year off the field with building toughness/technique/comraderie/everything! his impact will be 'feldt' this year!

• Upvote 2

I can't tell you how happy I am with the emphasis on being physical. I have missed that the most for the last four or five years. We were always physical in the past and would light people up.

I like it because it gives the players confidence and swagger. It gives a team an identity. Something we have been lacking until the end of last year.

• Downvote 1

I seem to recall a game against UT where our D-line spent the entire game in their backfield. Sacked Simms what, 7-8 times?

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=222430251

I was at that game, sitting in that stadium was priceless. The crowd was very confused. We still lost, but I remember that we did beat the spread by 7 pts........

We really need to win some games this year....

Watching that clip kinda reminds me of a Houston area private school I attended for two years in junior high which no longer exists. For a few weeks in August, we actually had almost non-stop hard hitting three a days, which is likely the reason that we were never scored on in 7th grade, and went undefeated in 8th grade. Those coaches would probably be locked up these days for what they put us through, but it's refreshing to see the new staff bringing physicality back to Denton. Hard hitting rough stuff drills in August can pay off down the road.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This is the way it is done! The players are hitting and appear to be enjoying it. These coaches may not be "wonder workers", but they sure appear to know what they are doing and are bringing back the pride they players have in their team and their individual abilities. This is simply great stuff...bring us more! In the last few years there were way to many cases where missed tackles led to big plays from the opposing teams. I do not want to see players throwing themselves at the opposing team in the hopes of making contact...I want to see good old fashioned smash mouth tackling from this team. I think I will as something tells me that's important to this staff. Be still my heart!!!!!

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 2

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=222430251

I was at that game, sitting in that stadium was priceless. The crowd was very confused. We still lost, but I remember that we did beat the spread by 7 pts........

We really need to win some games this year....

Someone used to post this all the time, I'll not take the credit for it, but here goes...winning will solve all our problems...