Greetings from the Inside!

UNT SID

Hello from the Mean Green Athletics offices! For our initial post on GoMeanGreen.com we would like to say first of all that we are excited about the opportunity to communicate with some of the most feverish Mean Green fans out there. We hope our presence on this site can serve as a source of information for you, while providing us some real-time feedback on issues affect Mean Green athletics. It is a symbiotic relationship that should benefit everyone.

Our goal on this site is to provide accurate information and clear up confusion. We are not here to monitor, defend, promote, opine or engage in debate. We simply will provide factual information that is necessary to help prevent inaccurate rumors from taking on a life of their own.

We hope that everyone will continue to carry on with your insightful input, pointed opinions and rash reactions it’s what makes this type of social medium fun! We look forward to the dialogue, thanks for having us!

Maybe the board op can give you your own forum. I have a question about the athletic departments communication through social media. Why dont coach Mac and coach Canales have twitter accounts? They both did at one point, but they are now either innactive or removed. Seems most coaches have them now for recruiting and such.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for joining GoMeanGreen, UNT SID!

Welcome to the forum! We only allow you to read the first 5 threads of the day... After that, you'll have to stop viewing the forum activity. If you try to read the board, even not logged in, we'll have to ask you politely to leave or remove you from the premises involuntarily.

Thanks, and GMG!

• Upvote 7

I hope your registration experience went smoother than mine. I tried to register, had trouble and was told several times this how they do it on Tiger Droppings and Orange Bloods. Still, I couldn't find my handle correctly and I heard the same story from others.

I heard we had more than 40,000 members, but our record for most fans online is still well under 400. This board obviously has more moderators than ever before, so I just question why there were so many glitches in the process.

I hope we can expect better moving forward, but I am not optimistic about some of these long-time moderators.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Something tells me our forum names are gonna start changing and dissenting posters are gonna start disappearing in the middle of the night.

Anyone seen or heard from LoveMG in a while?

Edited by Censored by Laurie
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

He may be gone, but I kind of feel like he is always around...with us...somehow...I can't explain it.

All I know is that if I'm gonna be really pissed if I log on tomorrow and have to check the most recent news in the Footingrad and Hoopingrad forums.

Also...I'm staying the hell away from Forum Room 101.

• Upvote 2

Welcome, welcome.

This may be a strange and confusing environment for you. Here, you'll be surrounded by North Texas graduates. Unusual as this situation may feel, you need not be afraid.

Everyone here (like every North Texas alum) is magnanimous, gracious, contemplative, genial, and kind in both word and spirit. Enjoy the wit and wisdom, the brilliant tactical analysis, the informed and intelligent analysis of our modern political arena.

Just make sure you iron those $100 bills, and don't you dare wear a black shirt.

Welcome aboard, and thanks for venturing into this "den of thieves" where truth never seems to get in the way of a good story or rant. Just remember that deep down inside most of the folks who lurk and post here are members, and proud members, of the Mean Green nation. Glad to see you have ventured over to the exciting times that are GOMEANGREEN.COM.

GO MEAN GREEN & WHY NOT NORTH TEXAS INDEED>

As drex somewhat said and correctly indicated, buckle your chinstrap and enjoy the ride.

Thanks for the words of welcome! As a point of clarity, while we will be happy to answer some questions to help clear confusion, but we don't want this to be a question ans answer session on every topic related to North Texas athletics. We won't weigh in on things like... what's going on in practice, what the uniforms are going to look like, what song will be played for in team entrance, recruiting, injuries, etc. This will never be a site where we break news.

What I will answer from the first round of questions is that we have two North Texas alums and one soon-to-be alum on our staff. As part of affirmative action we also had to hire an alum from one of the private institutions of higher education in the Metroplex, but I think we are making some inroads with him as well.

Thanks again!

• Upvote 1