Roster Heights and Weight

GrandGreen

McCarney has expressed concern about the smallness of the NT squad. Some fans are getting excited over the weight gains of the current team. With too much time on my hands I looked at the current posted rosters of the Belt teams. Knowing that the accuracy of such statistics is very suspect, I still though such a comparison would be interesting. Obviously without doing a real in depth analysis there is no knowing how current the data is or if many of the players will ever see the field. North Texas now has 22 players of 6'4" or more listed and 13 listed with weights of 300 lbs or more. Comparison with the rest of the Belt.

=> 6'4" =>300

Troy 17 11

FIU 13 3

FAU 30 5

ULL 19 7

ASU 22 13

ULM 7 6

MTSU 16 5

WKU 25 7

To make the comparison with the biggest programs for reference

UT 31 7

OU 35 11

I think it is interesting topic for tans but mostly meaningless when the teams are on the field. I am confident that most team fudge the height posted, maybe ULM didn't get the message. I believe that NT posts the weight correctly but who knows about the other teams. I do think you can assume that NT is not that small compared to the Belt, maybe one of the biggest teams at least in the lines where players of this size will mostly be.

• Upvote 2

McCarney has expressed concern about the smallness of the NT squad. Some fans are getting excited over the weight gains of the current team. With too much time on my hands I looked at the current posted rosters of the Belt teams. Knowing that the accuracy of such statistics is very suspect, I still though such a comparison would be interesting. Obviously without doing a real in depth analysis there is no knowing how current the data is or if many of the players will ever see the field. North Texas now has 22 players of 6'4" or more listed and 13 listed with weights of 300 lbs or more. Comparison with the rest of the Belt.

=> 6'4" =>300

Troy 17 11

FIU 13 3

FAU 30 5

ULL 19 7

ASU 22 13

ULM 7 6

MTSU 16 5

WKU 25 7

To make the comparison with the biggest programs for reference

UT 31 7

OU 35 11

I think it is interesting topic for tans but mostly meaningless when the teams are on the field. I am confident that most team fudge the height posted, maybe ULM didn't get the message. I believe that NT posts the weight correctly but who knows about the other teams. I do think you can assume that NT is not that small compared to the Belt, maybe one of the biggest teams at least in the lines where players of this size will mostly be.

Looks like WKU and FAU are starting a feeder program for their basketball teams. For our sake, I hope Dodge took his scales with him when he left. Our big guys are doing pretty well in the size department if those weights are true. Of course that assumes we're in good overall shape this time around, and from what I've seen most of our linemen don't appear to have a major overhanging gut problem. The only place on paper where we look a little small is at LB, but at least we have two guys back there who look to be potential All-Conference material.

One thing I did a while back was look at the 2-deep average on both sides of the line and compare the same from other teams on our schedule.

I felt that the difference between us and "name" teams was the 2nd team. Those SEC guys can rotate horses in and out all day, not losing much all the way down to the 3rd stringers. Wear us out.

Games are won in the trenches. It takes a little footwork, a lot of leverage and a ton of attitude.

• Upvote 1