Roster Question

DeepGreen

Looking at the current roster on MeanGreenSports, I found several individuals who must be walk-ons' never noticed these names before. Where did they come from?

Jeremy Brown RB 5-8 183 So. Whitewright, Tx HS

Jason Bruner OL 6-9 311 Sr. Trinity Valley CC

Colton Clay LB 6-1 215 Fr. Princeton, Tx HS

Nick Crewe DE 6-4 230 Fr. The Woodlands, Tx HS

Brandon Davis LB 6-0 215 Fr. Desota, Tx Duncanville HS

Ivan Delgado WR 6-2 205 Jr. Killeen, Tx HS

Garrett Etheridge WR 6-0 175 Fr. Winter Springs, Fl Winter Springs HS

Cam Feldt OL 6-5 308 RFr Pilot Pt, Tx (Ark)

Andre Holloway WR 6-2 195 Fr Clearwater, Fl

Michael Lander DT 5-11 280 Jr Blue Ridge, Tx HS

De’Andrew Lewis TE 6-0 223 So. Mesquite, Tx HS

Ryan Long DE 6-4 240 Jr Leonard, Tx

Matthew Lux WR 6-0 180 Jr Texarkana, Tx HS

Jarrod Lynn DE 6-0 235 Fr Grapevine, Tx HS

Kevin Maduka DB 5-10 170 Jr Carrollton, Tx (Creekview HS)

Mike Marshall DB 6-0 195 Fr Grand Prairie, Tx (So. GP HS)

Austin Otto TE 5-11 215 Fr Denton, Tx (guyer)

Lynrick Pleasant WR 6-2 205 So Mesquite, Tx HS

Marcus Smith TE 6-4 223 Fr Fayettville, NC

Tanner Smith TE 6-3 245 RFr Fort Worth, Tx (Nolan HS)

Kendall Washington LB 6-2 197 Fr Mansfield, Tx (Legacy)

Dimitri Wilhite RB 5-8 195 So Denton, Tx (Guyer)

Eric Wilson DB 5-9 170 So. Ft. Worth, Tx (N. Crowley HS)

Edited by DeepGreen

Two impact players are on that list...Cam Feldt, the Arkansas transfer and Kendall Washington, the 76th rated safety this past draft. He accepted very late and could be gray-shirting or just reporting late, I don't know which.

The rest are walkons which usually means that they are either a few pounds too light, a few inches too short or a few steps to slow. However, there are 6-8 of those with better chances than the others.

Nick Crewe probably had FCS offers but chose to try his hand here. He's a possibility.

Ryan Long of Leonard (hometown of the Renfros) has looked good at times but needs consistency.

Tanner Smith is the son of Charlie Smith, a letterman from the 80s

Jeremy Brown has great speed but is just too small

Dimitri Wilhite is pretty much Jeremy Brown revisited.

I wish that we could keep Jason Bruner just to lead the charge onto the field. They wouldn't think that we were samll with his 6'9", 311 pound frame leading the charge. He's actually a long snapper from Mineola who went to Trinity Valley CC.

All appeared in the spring but I don't expect many, other than those listed above, to return for the fall.

Two impact players are on that list...Cam Feldt, the Arkansas transfer and Kendall Washington, the 76th rated safety this past draft. He accepted very late and could be gray-shirting or just reporting late, I don't know which.

The rest are walkons which usually means that they are either a few pounds too light, a few inches too short or a few steps to slow. However, there are 6-8 of those with better chances than the others.

Nick Crewe probably had FCS offers but chose to try his hand here. He's a possibility.

Ryan Long of Leonard (hometown of the Renfros) has looked good at times but needs consistency.

Tanner Smith is the son of Charlie Smith, a letterman from the 80s

Jeremy Brown has great speed but is just too small

Dimitri Wilhite is pretty much Jeremy Brown revisited.

I wish that we could keep Jason Bruner just to lead the charge onto the field. They wouldn't think that we were samll with his 6'9", 311 pound frame leading the charge. He's actually a long snapper from Mineola who went to Trinity Valley CC.

All appeared in the spring but I don't expect many, other than those listed above, to return for the fall.

If Washington is a gray shirt, he is not allowed to practice with the team or be on the roster. would become eligible in the spring.

I think the Marcus Smith on the roster is the same Dodge signed out of San Antonio...both were 6'4", both went to Warren HS...not sure if his hometown happens to be Fayetteville, NC or if its a typo, but that Marcus Smith was pretty well thought of before he tore his ACL or some-such.

Brown impressed in the Spring...screw measurables, I'd rather have a football player...and to boot he's listed as the same size as James Hamilton and Brelan Chancellor, and they make plays as I recall

Delgado is a transfer from SFA

Colton Clay was in someway associated with henderson State...his is a good football name