Media Day

All About UNT

When can we begin booking trips to San Diego, Albuquerque, Fort Collins, Colorado Springs, Boise and Honolulu:)

Seriously any information provided after the show will be great! Punk the panther.

GMG

• Upvote 1

I'm interested to how Mac feels the weight issue (undersized players) is progressing. Also, how he feels the secondary is progressing; in particular, the corner backs. Seemed our cornerbacks needed help last year. Finally, does he have a ubiquitous plan to be more aggressive in all things football: play calling, mentoring, problem solving, recruiting. Tinfoil Dodge really f'd this program up with his fancy footin' around.

• Upvote 3

I'm interested to how Mac feels the weight issue (undersized players) is progressing. Also, how he feels the secondary is progressing; in particular, the corner backs. Seemed our cornerbacks needed help last year. Finally, does he have a ubiquitous plan to be more aggressive in all things football: play calling, mentoring, problem solving, recruiting. Tinfoil Dodge really f'd this program up with his fancy footin' around.

Solid Questions

Harry and I will be at Media Day tomorrow and I wanted to see if anyone (esp you out of towners) had any questions in case Q&A takes place and I can ask a couple questions.

Any questions to specific players or DMAC?

There were a ton of great questions in this thread. I guess I would still be interested to know how Coach Mac would respond to the question I posted in it.

Based upon

(1) the current roster talent and

(2) time necessary for the new coaching staff to implement their teaching, philosophies, and system,

is an overall winning record a realistic expectation for the 2011 season?

How about get an official number of how many commitments we have and who are they and what position they project them as.. after the 9/11 number floating around after the stadium preview day, it would be nice to have an accurate number.

I think it's against NCAA rules to comment on any recruit until they sign an LOI

Also, how he feels the secondary is progressing; in particular, the corner backs. Seemed our cornerbacks needed help last year.

I agree there is room for progress, but I had it in the back of my mind that, considering we had almost zero pass rush last season, our secondary did alright.

That's correct, no comments on recruits until they sign. Here are mine for the press conference.

1. How is our DT situation shaking out and how have Cantly, Abbe and White looked after the summer. If they have develop to Mac's expectations, does McCoy move outside, as well as Boutwell?

2. What incoming freshmen do you anticipate coming in and contributing this year?

3. Who replaces Carey at WR and how is that position shaping up?

4. How have you and the coaching staff been received at the camps around the state this summer? Do you anticipate any in west Texas in the future? We've had some good ballplayers from west and central/west exas like Gardner, Brewster, T. Casey, Turney, etc...

5. What has been his biggest surprise, in a good way, since coming to North Texas?

• Upvote 2

That's correct, no comments on recruits until they sign. Here are mine for the press conference.

1. How is our DT situation shaking out and how have Cantly, Abbe and White looked after the summer. If they have develop to Mac's expectations, does McCoy move outside, as well as Boutwell?

2. What incoming freshmen do you anticipate coming in and contributing this year?

3. Who replaces Carey at WR and how is that position shaping up?

4. How have you and the coaching staff been received at the camps around the state this summer? Do you anticipate any in west Texas in the future? We've had some good ballplayers from west and central/west exas like Gardner, Brewster, T. Casey, Turney, etc...

5. What has been his biggest surprise, in a good way, since coming to North Texas?

1. McCoy has moved back to DE.

3. Brelan Chancellor.

I know those answers. Mac can handle the rest.

1. McCoy has moved back to DE.

3. Brelan Chancellor.

I know those answers. Mac can handle the rest.

IMO Brelan is getting looked over a little too much by some. I know many on the board were very impressed with Carey but I feel Brelan will easily fill this role. He's a gamer and most of all a TEAM player. Its not about him. And not to mention he threw up some absurd weight on squats this year and has a completely different attitude and focus for the game in comparison to Carey. In some ways I see him as an improvement. Fitz jr.? Potentially.

IMO Brelan is getting looked over a little too much by some. I know many on the board were very impressed with Carey but I feel Brelan will easily fill this role. He's a gamer and most of all a TEAM player. Its not about him. And not to mention he threw up some absurd weight on squats this year and has a completely different attitude and focus for the game in comparison to Carey. In some ways I see him as an improvement. Fitz jr.? Potentially.

I met Brelan's mom at the football banquet and let me tell you he is a good kid and comes from a good family. The kid has amazing leg strength for his size. Is he capable of replacing Carey, yes! My only fear is moving him to WR will take away from his amazing returns. If he is able to do both, watch out!

My only fear is moving [brelan] to WR will take away from his amazing returns.

That's been my concern as well. I think of Devin Hester, and how he was light years ahead of any return man in the NFL. Then they put him on offense, and he is not nearly the same threat as a return man.

Still, if you don't have enough playmakers at WR, I don't know how you don't put Brelan in.