Announcing The Famous Idaho Potato Bowl

MeanGreen61

Boise's bowl game is now the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl

Read more: http://voices.idahostatesman.com/2011/08/03/ccripe/boises_bowl_game_now_famous_idaho_potato_bowl#ixzz1U0fJbbmh

814VB3250VL._SL500_AA300_.gif

Some tweets about the announcement:

Chris Dufresne, Los Angeles Times: “First team to make second Potato Bowl appearance will be ‘Twice baked.’ … I envision huge problems/injuries for teams clinching bid to Potato bowl. throwing tostitos or roses one thing...”

@kujoatc75: “Donate the unused potatoes from the Humanitarian Bowl to the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl. #bowlsgiveback”

Stewart Mandel, SI.com: “As fun as it is to mock bowl sponsors, one of the most popular PGA Tour stops is the WASTE MANAGEMENT Phoenix Open. Hard to top.”

@TheRobMorse: “I’d like to see Chip Kelly coach against Hayden Fry in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl.”

Funny post by Colorado Spartan on the WAC board.

Benson better get on the phone with the president of UNT and see if they will accept an invitation now that we have the FAMOUS Potato Bowl!

In all seriousness I would love to be a fly on the wall when Benson is in the process of courting football programs. I imagine the conversation going like this...

Benson: How would you like to become a member of the best conference in America?

Potential team: What are the benefits of joining your conference? Do we have access to a National Championship?

Benson: nope

Potential team: Would we be able to automatically qualify for the bowls that people pay attention to like the Rose, Sugar, Fiesta, or Orange?

Benson: nope

Potential team: Can we at least have a chance to go to a bowl location that our fan base will get excited to visit like in Hawaii, San Diego, or Las Vegas?

Benson: Even better..... you will have a 1 in 9 chance to make it into the FAMOUS Potato Bowl in Boise, ID during the best time of year there... December!

Potential team: Ummm Ok, what team/conference would this game be against?

Benson: You have the once in a lifetime opportunity to play the 3rd place team from America's other best conference, THE MAC! The most amazing part of it all is that your team will be playing on the one and only, historic, BLUE TURF! Although, I recommend that your fan base attends the game because your eyes will bleed if you watch this game on TV.