Something I would like to see for the opening game

SilverEagle

I have no idea on the history, I just know for $50-75, I've been asked to be on some sort of list for years -- first high school, then undergrad and grad work, then at a few different jobs. The craziest was getting a letter at a job I just started this summer. I guess they heard about my interview and liked it?

I took a good friends advice and looked it up on the internet:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who%27s_Who_scam

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who%27s_Who_Among_American_High_School_Students

Sorry, this was the worst hijack ever and I know Mark's a good and successful guy. I'll log into one of my other accounts and just start putting a minus one next to all my old posts shortly.

See that you do. And if I were Catholic, I'd suggest a few "Hail Marys" as well...... B)

Hmmmmm, I wonder how heathens do penance.......... :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

I have no idea on the history, I just know for $50-75, I've been asked to be on some sort of list for years -- first high school, then undergrad and grad work, then at a few different jobs. The craziest was getting a letter at a job I just started this summer. I guess they heard about my interview and liked it?

I took a good friends advice and looked it up on the internet:

http://en.wikipedia....ho%27s_Who_scam

http://en.wikipedia....School_Students

Sorry, this was the worst hijack ever and I know Mark's a good and successful guy. I'll log into one of my other accounts and just start putting a minus one next to all my old posts shortly.

Just for every one's reference, I did not pay for this...I was nominated and then selected by my department and the university administration. I actually had no clue this was going on and was surprised when I got a call asking me to come and "pose" for this photo..all the folks listed were "nominated" by their various departments. There used to be a honors day each year on campus where the departments honored their top grads...each was presented with an award/certificate/whatever at an assembly...it may have been called "honors day"...but, it has been a couple of years. As I recall, the one I attended was in the old English building on campus. No, we did not pay for these listings and, yes, we were all nominated by our departments and through the administration for our campus-wide activities in addition to scholarship.

Just for every one's reference, I did not pay for this...I was nominated and then selected by my department and the university administration. I actually had no clue this was going on and was surprised when I got a call asking me to come and "pose" for this photo..all the folks listed were "nominated" by their various departments. There used to be a honors day each year on campus where the departments honored their top grads...each was presented with an award/certificate/whatever at an assembly...it may have been called "honors day"...but, it has been a couple of years. As I recall, the one I attended was in the old English building on campus. No, we did not pay for these listings and, yes, we were all nominated by our departments and through the administration for our campus-wide activities in addition to scholarship.

Good to know, but I wasn't trying to say you didn't earn it or deserve it. In fact, I hope they gave you a fat check for your trouble (or at the very least a beer.)

• Downvote 1

Good to know, but I wasn't trying to say you didn't earn it or deserve it. In fact, I hope they gave you a fat check for your trouble (or at the very least a beer.)

Quoner...I definitely took no offense, but did want to let everyone know how this was handled back in the "dark ages". Hope to see you at the Kickoff Cookout.

GO MEAN GREEN!

Quoner...I definitely took no offense, but did want to let everyone know how this was handled back in the "dark ages". Hope to see you at the Kickoff Cookout.

GO MEAN GREEN!

I'll be there and hereby officially offer to add you to my personal "Who's Who of the Internet" bound edition for a mere $20. :P

• Upvote 3

I'll be there and hereby officially offer to add you to my personal "Who's Who of the Internet" bound edition for a mere $20. :P

I'm in...I'll write you a check on Tasty's account Saturday!