WAC Board UNT Thread

MeanGreen61

Thread started by TXSTCat68

Only UNT would Brag about.........

Hiring a head coach with a 56-85 record and call it an improvement. You guys have to have the worst run program in all DI football. From 1991-2005 your win average was .390. Under Dodge you guys had a win average of .140. Wow mow I know why you guys suffer from little man syndrome. Hell at least we TXST Bobcats have TWO national titles. I don't think there is a single Team in the Sunbelt that has a national championship title. Forgive me if I'm wrong I don't care to check. Bottom line UNT is going no where fast. Sure you have new stadium. But to be honest it's ugly. And it will look worse when your team loses in it. Good luck to all of you and glad your not in our conference. We can play you out of conferece. Oh wait you only play body bag games for big dollars. Must be fun to watch you team fed to lions like bird meat.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=451&f=2368&t=7614653&p=1&sto=MS_101055066

Edited by MeanGreen61
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 8

61, do you really spend a lot of time on the WAC board?

You're certainly entitled to a wish list with your opinions, so I'll stop at that :)

As for the Fran vs. DMac debate, I have a lot of respect for what Fran built at UNM and then TCU. But in a head-to-head battle of current wits, I like the sum of our parts (assistants) much much more than their's.

This smack is exactly why we should be playing these guys regularly. Similar schools, towns, regionally close, etc...

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

MeanGreen61, what do you expect when you troll that wac board for months?

I'm lucky that since I work with a bunch of UNT grads I know how good of people they are, but the same probably can't be said for fans of schools like San Jose, Idaho, Utah State. 61, you successfully trolled and pissed off a bunch of people. Congrats I guess on that, but if you got 51 registered members to think UNT fans are the most irritating...I wonder how many more casual viewers saw it? Probably a lot more.

screenshot1sv.jpg

For the rest of y'all, the new stadium is looking good. I like it when we play you guys in basketball, hope to see y'all on the football field too a few years down the road. PEACE

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Yawn. Until they are on the schedule, I could care less what they do.

This is the exact reason I hate college blowhards trying to measure penis size on the internet. Usually it's just 2 dudes sword fighting and the rest of us are innocent bystanders. They should be arrest for indecent exposure. I really wish our 2-3 fans who think it's cool to stick their words into every hole on the internet would stop. txbobcat whateverhisnameis is the same type of person as 61. Especially since they aren't even a part of the WAC, a conference on the decline, but pretend to now have the credibility the schools that built that conference and then left have.

Unless fan from another school comes over here or there to be funny or helpful, it's not worth reading and usually ends up in face palms for every fan. Every fan base has those people and the rest of the fan base is embarrassed for them.

• Upvote 2

MeanGreen61, what do you expect when you troll that wac board for months?

I'm lucky that since I work with a bunch of UNT grads I know how good of people they are, but the same probably can't be said for fans of schools like San Jose, Idaho, Utah State. 61, you successfully trolled and pissed off a bunch of people. Congrats I guess on that, but if you got 51 registered members to think UNT fans are the most irritating...I wonder how many more casual viewers saw it? Probably a lot more.

screenshot1sv.jpg

For the rest of y'all, the new stadium is looking good. I like it when we play you guys in basketball, hope to see y'all on the football field too a few years down the road. PEACE

You are right. I don't know why 61 wastes his time on a soon to be defunct conference's board talking to fans of a team that have never played FBS football. AND IS NOT EVEN IN THAT SOON TO BE DEFUNCT CONFERENCE.

Seems like a waste of time, much like playing SWTS in football would be.

Maybe you should take your rants back to the Southland conference board. I'm sure all 3 members would be entralled with your opinions.

• Upvote 2

Pot, kettle situation here.

Meh, I guess it depends who you're talking about. Those on GMG that think we have a legitimate case for MWC (or heaven forbid Big XII) are definitely in that boat. Those of us, like myself, who think we currently fit the Belt are much more level headed. It seems like a large number of Texas State and UTSA fans are very quick to bash UNT and put themselves ahead of us.

We're ahead of those two schools, but not by as much as the homers on here think. Let's go out and win so we don't get mentioned in the same breath as them.

• Upvote 2

Just as a FYI - from the Belt: ULM, Troy, and Western Kentucky all won the so-called "National Championship" at the IAA/FCS level. Of those three, only Troy has seen significant success at the IA/FBS level.

As for the rest of the Belt (that came from IAA/FCS)... NT made the playoffs but never won a game. FIU and FAU went from start-up to FBS in like 4 years (and FAU had a deep playoff run in their last FCS year). UL has never been FCS. ASU was a doninant force in the IAA/FCS playoffs before moving up. Not sure about the MUTS, I think that they were a lot like UNT, made a few playoffs - maybe won a game or two - but no national championships.

But regardless, you can see that FCS success does not correlate to FBS success. In fact, its much the opposite. That is like comparing apples to oranges. My advise - stay off their board. It is really sad over there. You have about 15 fans left, with half of those being loud mouths from UTSA. All the real schools will be gone after this year and their fans are checked out. The WAC will die on its own without copying and asting articles about it dying. They all know what a craphole conference it is now, just let them be.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Not that it really matters, but didn't SWTSU's national championships come at the Division 2 level? Not even 1AA, but Division 2?

Yes, and their championships were won against the powerhouses known as UC Davis and North Dakota State. They've only made the "1AA" playoffs twice since moving up nearly 30 years ago. Not overly impressive if you ask me. For regional rivalry reasons, I wouldn't mind being in the same conference with them years from now after they prove themselves, but for now please stay away.