Maher Records Hole In One

Hey Everybody,

It's been a long time, but thought you all might enjoy this. I know I enjoy sharing the news!!

Mitch Maher, pastor at Redeemer Community Church in Katy, TX, and author of www.clarifyingthebible.com, recorded a hole in one at Monday's Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) Ray Dorr Golf Classic held at Pebble Creek Country Club in Bryan, TX. In doing so, the pastor won a 2011 Toyota Venza donated by Atkinson Toyota of Bryan. On the 17th hole, playing 199 yards downwind, Maher hit a 5-iron that landed about 20 feet short and rolled into the hole. "This is such a blessing. My wife and I have often wondered what we would do if my 1999 Mazda broke down. Well, now we don't have to find out!" What's more, this won't even be the most exciting event of the Maher's week, as Tara Maher will deliver by C-Section their third girl this Saturday morning.

http://www.theeagle.com/local/Scoring-a-new-car

http://www.kbtx.com/local/headlines/Golfer_Wins_Car_at_College_Station_Golf_Tournament_122474034.html

This post has been promoted to an article

• Upvote 3

I posted on your facebook page just how crazy this is. I have to say that I think that part of your success at making the hole-in-one was from me setting up the garbage cans at practice each day for you QBs and Coach Kragthorpe so that you would have to practice throwing the football into the can each day for accuracy!! See, I figured out how I helped you get a new car!!