Leave It At Fouts

jdennis82

Maybe it's just personal musical preference, but I've always thought this song felt out of place.

If it were up to me, I'd do one of two things:

1. Coordinate something with the Green Brigade so that the "college" atmosphere isn't interrupted for the AAC appropriate video.

2. Involve the players. They recorded that song "lock the gate" last year. Why not have them record a song to be their intro music each year?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

The main thing I like about Thunderstruck is that it takes me back to when UNT was playing in bowl games. Other than that, I could deal with something else...although I liked Thunderstruck better than The Who and Phil Collins (with Thunderstruck) from more recent years.

• Upvote 1

If it were up to me, the only thing you would ever hear on the speakers is Tim Crouch (and even that could be toned down a little).

After trips to Neyland Stadium the past 2 seasons and watching those people go absolutely nuts over the same catchy band played song over and over and over and over, I'm convinced that beats anything by AC/DC, Rolling Stones, Lil John, or any other trendy sports theme.

However, I will plead that we put an end to the constant Steve Miller Band experience... I understand that the EAGLE thing makes sense but its not catchy or feel-good and seriously, we are better than that. Then again, at least it's not "Coming Round the Mountain".

How about we just steal the Wabash Cannonball from every other school in the country?

GMG.com needs to put together a dedicated thread for listing items that 1) need to change regularly and 2) should never be touched.

Questions such as the following will help:

"Should this be considered 'tradition'?"

"Does this satisfy my personal preferences regarding all things Mean Green?"

"Do my preferences contradict the opinions of others?"

"WWDDD?*"

"Do I think the AD knows what they are doing?"

"Do I know what I'm talking about?"

Then we'll have all this sorted out.

*DeLoss Dodds

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 2

GMG.com needs to put together a dedicated thread for listing items that 1) need to change regularly and 2) should never be touched.

Questions such as the following will help:

"Should this be considered 'tradition'?"

"Does this satisfy my personal preferences regarding all things Mean Green?"

"Do my preferences contradict the opinions of others?"

"WWDDD?*"

"Do I think the AD knows what they are doing?"

"Do I know what I'm talking about?"

Then we'll have all this sorted out.

*DeLoss Dodds

My first thought for "WWDDD" was Darrell Dickey... :unsure: