Final Countdown -8Th Gmg.com Bowl

KRAM1

Just a reminder that the deadline for player sign-up is THIS FRIDAY, MAY 20th at 5:00PM (CST).

The PLAYER DRAFT will take place SUNDAY, MAY 22nd beginning at 1:00PM (CST). There will be a Chat Room set up for the draft so all can enjoy the fun as our game day captains, GreenStreet and FireFighterRick, draft their respective teams. BTW...the official/unofficial coin has been tossed and GreenStreet will captain the WHITE TEAM while FFR will captain the GREEN TEAM. Harry will post details regarding the draft day chat room soon here on GMG.com.

Game Day is JUNE 11th with a start time of 3:00PM. FOUTS FIELD----the last "official" game at Fouts!

Player fee is $25 and can be paid at the time of the game when game day shirts are distributed. Cash or Check only please...no access to credit card payments on game day.

ALL net proceeds go to the Andrew Smith Memorial Scholarship Fund at UNT.

Our net goal is to raise a minimum of $1500 for the fund from this game. You may make a contribution over and above your playing fee and you can do it right here on GMG.Com on the Forum Home page using the PayPal sight set up specifically for that purpose. We DO need some help in reaching our goal.

We will also have a silent auction on game day with such items as Rangers Tickets, Club Seats for game, Andrew Smith watercolor print, autographed UNT mini helmets, etc.

Everyone is welcome to come and watch the fun and participate in the game day tailgate festivities as well .... strong rumor has it that a Member of the Mean green nation will be cooking up some great brisket to share...everyone is encouraged to bring food, beverages, etc. to the game for their own use and to share with others. Hopefully, we can make this a "community" event and tailgate party...before and after the game.

So far we have a dozen or so ex-players from UNT participating in the game...I should say GREAT Ex-Players...this is going to be fun.

Still need a referee or two...anyone interested? If so, send me a PM....PLEASE & THANK YOU.

Thanks to all who have agreed to play, referee, help set up, who have made donations, who have agreed to sponsor...THANK YOU Brian Futrell and the Billiard Factory...to provide auction items, to cook for the tailgate, etc., etc. Thanks to Harry and GoMeanGreen.Com for all the work and for the sponsorship of this event, to the athletic dept. and staff who have provided us with a place to play and help in arranging game day needs...the list just goes on and on....cannot do this without the help of many. This is going to be great fun. COME OUT and be part of this...you really don't want to miss out! You might even get a chance to meet one of the newest members of the Mean green Nation...young Master Luke Hiatt who is not yet even a month old. Luke's proud grandpa will be doing some great brisket for us......See everyone on the 11th for a fun Saturday!

• Upvote 2

Thank you Mark for doing such a great job yourself rounding this whole thing up. :)

Count us in as bringing food to cook and share. Chicken and borracho beans as well as lots of beer, water, soda and juice (for any kids present).

Edited by mrsgreengoblin
  • Upvote 2

Thank you Mark for doing such a great job yourself rounding this whole thing up. :)

Count us in as bringing food to cook and share. Chicken and borracho beans as well as lots of beer, water, soda and juice (for any kids present).

Excellent...thanks so much for bringing food to share....this is going to be great fun.

BY the way...we have confirmation that Rick V. will be on hand and will serve as an honorary coach for one of the teams....let's get ready to rumble!

• Upvote 2

Excellent...thanks so much for bringing food to share....this is going to be great fun.

BY the way...we have confirmation that Rick V. will be on hand and will serve as an honorary coach for one of the teams....let's get ready to rumble!

So, I could play for Rick V and against FFR? Need an extra lineman?

• Upvote 2

So, I could play for Rick V and against FFR? Need an extra lineman?

If you want to play we'd love to have you. Just "sign-up" in the game thread pinned to to top of the football board by today's deadline of 5:00PM (CST).

• Upvote 1

If you want to play we'd love to have you. Just "sign-up" in the game thread pinned to to top of the football board by today's deadline of 5:00PM (CST).

Thanks for the invite but flag football was never my thing. Too fat and slow. I prefer to watch from the stands. GMG!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Thanks for the invite but flag football was never my thing. Too fat and slow. I prefer to watch from the stands. GMG!

No problem. Definitely hope you will come out and watch the game and join in for the tailgate, silent auction, etc. Also...please make a point of looking me up and saying hello. Would love to meet you. Always love to meet members of the Mean green Nation and I am not sure we have ever had a chance to say hello. I'll have either a green or black shirt on with KRAM1 on the back.

Green if I just act as commissioner and "he who will be blamed" and black if I add referee to my resume for the day.

Hope to shake your hand on the 11th!

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 1