Are There Plans For A Real Post-Game Show This Season?

If you listen to other schools' radio broadcasts, you'll note that they have post-game radio shows that go an hour or two. Coaches, players, former coaches, former players, local media-types, national media-types, etc. get in on the action.

The current UNT post-game is what...30 minutes? Now that we have a real coach and stadium, can we have a real post-game? Sadly, we've got one of the best broadcast booths in the business. But, it's like they have to squeeze information down to fit it into this tiny post-game time slot.

Is there no radio station that can pick it up some kind of extended post-game show?

Post-game show. Radio. A longer one.

Whew...I finally found something to complain about again! :lol:

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I do find myself craving listening to more Mean Green talk after the games. I always stay to listen to You'll never walk Alone so I literally get 5-10 minutes of debrief and analysis. What about a gathering place after the games where everyone can gather and celebrate like the crazies do outside of Staples Center or the AAC. Get a few broadcasters and guests having a live aftertalk show and people might show up to remingle - the post tailgate if you will.

GMG

I've heard other schools where the coaches and players and broadcasters do a one hour post game on the official station. Then, on a local sports talk station a coach or two and former coaches and players talk up the game and football in general at a nearby eating and drinking establishment.

Maybe I'm expecting too much too soon. But, we do have quite a few UNT alumni at the three Dallas sports talk stations, do we not?

Most post-games I've heard are 15 - 30 minutes of official discussion/interviews, then they just take calls until there are not any more questions.

Sometimes they don't last, but I think I heard a UTEP bball post game years ago that lasted for hours. Of course, they were probably winning...

Good idea, but it might be too soon. If I'm the AD, I am going to gauge the interest as McCarney builds this thing.

I do find myself craving listening to more Mean Green talk after the games. I always stay to listen to You'll never walk Alone so I literally get 5-10 minutes of debrief and analysis. What about a gathering place after the games where everyone can gather and celebrate like the crazies do outside of Staples Center or the AAC. Get a few broadcasters and guests having a live aftertalk show and people might show up to remingle - the post tailgate if you will.

GMG

Alumni Pavillion?

• Upvote 2

THIS! ULaLa does this with their school radio station....why can't we?

If we did a post-game show on the student station, then this additional programming would interfere with the eclectic music shows on KNTU. Did you forget what people know us for?

/sarcasm alert!!!!!!

Seriously, this should have been done years ago.