Unt's Defense Shows Good Progress

DRC

“This was the best night defensively we have had since I have been here,” McCarney said. “Those stands were about attitude and toughness. It comes down to moving the line of scrimmage back and playing with a phenomenal attitude that you are not going to let them into the end zone. We are starting to get a personality, defensively. We have come a long way in a short time.”

When the man gives praise....I have to get excited about why they got it!

AK-47 won the belt last night

0407untla.jpg

McCarney has introduced more physical workouts than in prior years during spring practice and believes that approach will pay off in the long term, even if it causes some injuries that will keep players out of practice now.

“We have no choice,” McCarney said. “We have to get this team ready and make decisions. We have to find out who can play and who can’t, who will make plays and who won’t. That’s what spring ball is for.”

I love reading this..........

McCarney has introduced more physical workouts than in prior years during spring practice and believes that approach will pay off in the long term, even if it causes some injuries that will keep players out of practice now.

"We have no choice," McCarney said. "We have to get this team ready and make decisions. We have to find out who can play and who can't, who will make plays and who won't. That's what spring ball is for."

I love reading this..........

"you play like you practice"... most truest coach-speak ever.