Green Gang Interview With Dmac

While at Georgia Southern, Brent and the other QB's worked together to help each other be the best football player that they could be. I would expect nothing less from Brent. Does he want to be the started? Yes he does, but if Derek wins the starting job I can tell you that Brent is Man enought to suport Derek.

Brent knows the team comes first. little me, BIG TEAM.

• Upvote 5

While at Georgia Southern, Brent and the other QB's worked together to help each other be the best football player that they could be. I would expect nothing less from Brent. Does he want to be the started? Yes he does, but if Derek wins the starting job I can tell you that Brent is Man enought to suport Derek.

Brent knows the team comes first. little me, BIG TEAM.

This is great. I really like what I have seen from Brent in 4 practices that I have been able to attend. He shows a nice skill set and a wonderful demeanor. He will become more comfortable with Chico's offense with time. We are very fortunate to have 2 physical, talented, even-keeled kids fighting for the QB position.

• Upvote 1

I find that more interesting. I knew about some off the field stuff but not grades

Very good point. I thought our APR and the like had improved dramatically, or is APR and a team's GPA not necessarily related? Eitherways, sounds like the man's going about things the right way.

Go to class, act like a gentleman off the field and hit anything that moves in the opposing teams colors on the football field.

I find that more interesting. I knew about some off the field stuff but not grades

Yeah...I thought TD had that squared away! Guess not...looks like he was incapable in multiple areas. At least he is now gone, and we can move on...:thumbsu:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

When I asked Coach Mac about his comment on grades, he went on to say that while the grades were decent and good for most programs...and better than they had been...they were not good enough by HIS standards and that they were already working to correct that situation. So, yes, the grades were improved under Coach TD, but not to the standards that Coach mac would like to see. Just another example of Coach mac asking for and demanding more for UNT's athletes...and, in my opinion, that is a VERY good thing indeed.

GO MEAN GREEN! Very good things are happening at UNT these days.....

• Upvote 3

When I asked Coach Mac about his comment on grades, he went on to say that while the grades were decent and good for most programs...and better than they had been...they were not good enough by HIS standards and that they were already working to correct that situation. So, yes, the grades were improved under Coach TD, but not to the standards that Coach mac would like to see. Just another example of Coach mac asking for and demanding more for UNT's athletes...and, in my opinion, that is a VERY good thing indeed.

GO MEAN GREEN! Very good things are happening at UNT these days.....

You mean we're setting the bar higher than minimum standards? Novel concept huh. Imagine if that philosophy permeates the entire program.

This will all add up come Sept.

Thanks for the answer Kram.

• Upvote 2

You mean we're setting the bar higher than minimum standards? Novel concept huh. Imagine if that philosophy permeates the entire program.

This will all add up come Sept.

Thanks for the answer Kram.

It'll add up in September and beyond.

Mac will use team grades on the recruiting trail, at least he has in the past. The recruits themselves may or may not be impressed by team GPA's but their parents certainly are. Convincing the parents that UNT is the place for their kid goes a long way towards convincing the athlete as well.

• Upvote 2