Thompson Trying To Provehimself Again

ValleyBoy

Will our other QB signees, Cooper Jones and Andrew McNulty, have an opportunity to compete at QB for this season? I assume that these other two potential QBs will start practice in August? Will they have time to compete?

Will our other QB signees, Cooper Jones and Andrew McNulty, have an opportunity to compete at QB for this season? I assume that these other two potential QBs will start practice in August? Will they have time to compete?

In seeing Cooper Jones at practice last weekend; he will probably be best suited to redshirt and develop physically ( as in gain 15+ pounds) and learn the system, and be ready to go in Spring 2012.

Apparently McNulty is a great athlete and may end up at DB or something.

Edited by UNT Mean Green

My hope would be that Jones and McNulty both redshirt this year. McNulty intrigues me for some reason, and I would like to see him compete for the position in the future.

If they stay healthy, I think Thompson and Osborn will make us all very happy this year.

My hope would be that Jones and McNulty both redshirt this year. McNulty intrigues me for some reason, and I would like to see him compete for the position in the future.

If they stay healthy, I think Thompson and Osborn will make us all very happy this year.

I feel our offense works better with a legitimate dual threat QB and I hope McNaulty is given full chance to come in and compete for the starting gig in August.

McCarney described Thompson as being “as green as grass.”

I love that McCarney speaks this way of our players. Not overly harsh but honest assessment. We can now trust our coach to tell us where he feels we really stand as a program. In some way that feels refreshing.

Now, maybe he will be more 'protective' of his recruits. Time will tell.

McCarney described Thompson as being "as green as grass."

I love that McCarney speaks this way of our players. Not overly harsh but honest assessment. We can now trust our coach to tell us where he feels we really stand as a program. In some way that feels refreshing.

I'd rather he blow smoke up my arse......:ass:

• Downvote 2

McCarney described Thompson as being “as green as grass.”

McCarney also said:

McCarney said. “I love them. They are attentive, smart, are coachable, they have good arms, good size. By September we will be able to win with both those quarterbacks.”