Gomeangreen.com Name Tags

greenjoe

I'll go super nerd and wear both, with a power glove painted green.

I'd be down for a t-shirt, can never have too many Mean Green shirts, and I'd plop down for a name tag to show my wife all my time spent on here actually got me something quasi-useful.

Is there anything from keeping someone who wants a name tag to simply go order one? I was at an Alumni event last week in Allen and one attendee actually had a name tag on with his GMG.Com screen name written in under his name. I understand the desire to have a "uniform" style/color, etc., but just thought if some were that interested they could just go get one made. I have the feeling that some prefer the fact that people don't know who they really are. In fact, I have had some GMG.com folks PM me that they desire to stay "unknown". Interesting to me, because I really have no problem with being "known". I guess I am OK with "owning" whatever I post and not giving too much of a care if someone disagrees with me on some point or another. That, seems to me to be what this board is all about, and, at the end of the day, everyone supports the Mean Green in some form or fashion. It's all good when it comes to supporting the Mean Green.

So, for me, if an order goes in, I'll buy a name tag or T-shirt, etc., but if I had to vote one way or the other...name tags are much more useful and certainly capable of being displayed/used in many more settings than a t-shirt. Besides, as I previously said, there are ways already to get a "classic" t-shirt with your GMG.com name...just sign up to play in the flag football game or basketball game or purchase a shirt for either as your way of making a bit of a donation.

George Costanza: Name tags! Name tags! What kind of an idiot thinks anybody would be interested in an idea like that?

Frank Costanza: I don't think it's so bad. People should wear name tags. Everyone would be a lot friendlier. "Hello, Sam." "How are you doing, Joe?"

• Upvote 1

Name tags are nerdy....there is no way around it. I would prefer tshirts with our names on the back like what we saw at the basketball game. Generate a shirt for the board without cluttering it up (too many words) then send out an order. People can wear these to the game and give the site PR. Do we have any amateur t-shirt designers in here?

Sorry - shaped like Michelin man - not wearing a t-shirt (talk about nerdy!), but would wear a name badge.

Somehow I missed the all-encompassing fashion-statement indicating that name badges are "nerdy"!

It's not the badges that are nerdy, it's the fact that we all spend so much time posting on a message board. Kinda like bragging about your masterbation practices in public.

Being that I like dating women, I'm saying no to the name tag with the gomeangreen.com name on it idea. :ass:

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3

It's not the badges that are nerdy, it's the fact that we all spend so much time posting on a message board. Kinda like bragging about your masterbation practices in public.

Being that I like dating women, I'm saying no to the name tag with the gomeangreen.com name on it idea. :ass:

Thank you. If my wife knew how much time I spent on this message board she'd for sure think I'm dorkier than she already does. And if I wore a nametag...

It's not the badges that are nerdy, it's the fact that we all spend so much time posting on a message board. Kinda like bragging about your masturbation practices in public.

priceless response. So what is the Granbury crop like anyway?

I'm married. Glad you like dating women. Good luck with that.

Will they not see your cute t-shirt with your name on the back either?

I'm married. Glad you like dating women. Good luck with that.

Will they not see your cute t-shirt with your name on the back either?

Not nearly as pronounced as a name tag. But, I doubt I will ever wear that shirt to a UNT event. Nothing against KRAM's fine design work, I just prefer to wear the more traditional UNT gear to events.

I just hope DaddyD is married. THAT nametag aint gonna get you anywhere.