New Gmg Board Feature: Blogs

Harry

I wanted to let everyone know about a new feature available here on the site.

GoMeanGreen.com's community of users has been the major key to our site's success. Since launching, we've received more than 400,000 posts, posted by over 5,000 commenters. Our commenters have been active and engaged writers — and now they have the chance to become a featured GoMeanGreen.com blogger.

Reading through the comments on our site, we are quite aware that our members are a tremendous — and underutilized — resource. So we've created a process whereby our members can create their own blog here on GoMeanGreen.

There are no rules to this, just keep it clean. For instance, you may follow a particular sport closely and would like to share your observations here with other fans to generate interest or just have fun. It does not have to be sports, it could be on news, hobbies, photography, or anything that you find interesting. There is no cost involved as we provide the software and bandwidth. You only have to update the blog as your time allows be it once a week or once a year. If you jump in and decide it isn't for you we will delete it for you.

We are already seeing good work being done on these blogs. Gangrene is doing a phenomenal job with his recruiting blog, Fake Lonnie has joined in the fun and I have even been updating mine on a fairly frequent basis. We have other posters who will be using the blog for updates from spring training and fall camp. I think this will be a very big year for North Texas sports with the opening of the new stadium and anticipate we will be adding new fans and members who will be interested in reading what you have to say.

Once logged into the site just click the "Blog" link at the top right of this page or click here. If you have any questions or concerns please send me a PM or feel free to post in this thread and I will assist you in getting it off the ground. I realize that sometimes technology can be daunting but we've been testing this Blog software and it works pretty well.

The format for posting articles in the blog is similar to posting on the board so it does not require a lot of training or work to get one off the ground. Thanks for your continuing support of the site and GMG!