Priority Points And Seating

KRAM1

I think I might can help clear something up regarding Priority Points and seating in the new stadium. Here is what I have been told from the very beginning regarding seating. The Athletic dept. does encourage groups to sit together...that includes Mean Green Club members, GMG.com pals, family and friends. How this would work with folks with different levels of priority points would be thus. Let's say we have a group of Mean green Club members wanting to sit together...all of the MGC accounts within a particular group would be reviewed, then the member with the lowest number of points in the group would be determined, after this...the group would have an assigned seat selection priority based on that members number of points. Thus assuring the group could sit together whether in Club Seats or in the lower bowl of the stadium. The group would be assigned a seat selection based on the group member with the lowest number of Priority Points.

It is my understanding that this is how priority point systems work in many of the major conferences in order to actually take the athletic dept. personnel and any favoritism completely out of the seat selection process. The selections are based entirely upon priority points and not some pressure from "super donors", etc. The selection process is based on one's level of donations, years of support through season ticket purchases, etc. Not who you know or what pull one may or may not have within the athletic dept.

It really is the only fair way to do it fairly and a way to take the "favoritism" thing completely out of the process. The donor actually is the one determining his/her own priority. This way, no one can "jump" over anyone with a higher point total just because they know someone with a higher total within the seat selection process. That certainly seems fair and equitable to me. And, it keeps everyone on the same playing field going by the same rules.

I know there has been lots of talk about this process, but that has been my understanding of the situation from the very beginning and allows for those that want to sit together to be able to do so.

Yes, the deadline for Priority Point totals seems to have moved to April 1st from the original March 31st date, but that does give some who might be sitting on the fence another shot at signing up before points are frozen. Anyway, that's my understanding...hope it helps.

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Hey Kram, that was my exact understanding from the beginning of this process (I first visited with the staff last July about making the necessary contributions to get the club seating I wanted and could afford).

I do know there are many, many loyal Mean Green Club members who have given far more dollars in the past than I have been able to - and most definitely they should be rewarded with seating priority over me. That is the way to do it -they deserve to do so.

But as we both agree, priority should be for the Mean Green Club/season ticket holders and their immediate family based on their priority points - but it should not allow friends and other families to take advantage of that individual's priority points in seat selection.

the way you described how that situation would be handled has been my understanding since the beginning of my conversations with the Mean Green athletic staff - and has been reaffirmed in conversations today.

I know we are all ready to get this process over with and know with certainty where we are going to be sitting when the Mean Green kicks off on September 10, 2011. I can't wait for the excitement to get underway.

GMG

I was told the same thing as KRAM1, with one other detail. For groups wanting to sit together, they will need the request in writing from each account holder. This is to protect the higher point holders from being downgraded in seats without their approval.

Edited by UNT 90 Grad