Gmg.com Bb Game

KRAM1

Folks...I am 100% aware that this is not football related, but it definitely is GMG.com related. Check out the info on the basketball board regarding the GMG.COM BASKETBALL CLASSIC to be help march 26th at the Mean green Village Gym...tip-off at 1PM. This is a fund raising event to help the UNT Cheer Squad and is being set up for all who wish to play in the 1st Annual GMG.COM Basketball Classic can do so...male or female. This will be a fun event, but we need more players for it to be an even bigger success.

We have the blessing of the Athletic Dept. through none other than RV himself and we have the support of Paul Batchelder (Cheer Squad sponsor along with many other duties in the ADept) and Jeff Luster in the basketball office. We hope to have both an autographed football and basketball to auction off at the event...there will be the games and then an after event party and "awards" ceremony at a local establishment.

Cost to play is $25 and that includes the collector's edition first printing of the GMG.COM Basketball Classic players T-shirt. If you would like to play (no skills required I can assure you) please go to the basketball thread and sign up in the blog with your ht., weight, playing experience, etc. which will be needed for the player draft.

I will also need your t-shirt size.

T-Shirts are also available for purchase, and we would love to have those who can't play but are wanting to support the UNT Cheer Squad to send in a donation...large or small...all accepted with appreciation...checks can be made payable to UNT ATHLETICS. You can place "Cheer Squad" in the memo line.

PM me for additional details...Corporate Sponsors or individual sponsors are very much welcome. We can add a company logo to the playing shirt for sponsors...I can provide info as to sponsorship amounts and benefits...I know there is some GMG.com'er out there who has a company or works for a company that can and would like to help this event raise money for the Cheer Squad. PLEASE...we need support.

So, head over to the basketball board and open the thread pinned near the top for the GMG.Com BB game...open it...click on the link to the blog and sign-up....YOU WILL HAVE A GREAT TIME and you will be helping to support the UNT Cheer Squad at the same time.

OK, this will probably get moved, but would be great to pin it on the football board as well...we need as many folks as possible to see this info.

Thanks...GO MEAN GREEN...GO GMG.COM BB CLASSIC!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

is anyone going to get in his way if daddydumpsalot is on the block posting them up?

Is daddydumpsalot playing? I have no indication that he is at this point, but he would be more than welcome to sign up...as would any other GMG.com poster or any other member of the great Mean Green Nation.

Folks...still time to sign up or to order a GMG.Com Classic one of a kind first edition players T-shirt even if you can't play. Spectators are certainly welcome as well.

As an added bit of fun....it appears we will have an autographed UNT Football and an autographed UNT basketball to auction off at the event. Come have some fun and help us raise a bit of cash for the well deserving UNT Cheer Squad. If you can't play or can't come and watch the action and be part of the after event party, and you want to donate, but a t-shirt ($25) or bid on either or both the football or basketball just send me a PM and I'll get with you and get you all the details.

Any size donation would be greatly appreciated. Our goal is to raise $1000 net of expenses for the Cheer Squad.

OK, players needed...sponsors needed...donors needed...bidders needed...IT'S WIDE OPEN but we will have to LOCK THE GATE soon. be part of the action March 26th. Tip-off is 1:00PM...it's gonna be fun. You really don't want to miss it. You will be able to tell your grandchildren that you were involved in the very first GMG.com BB Classic!!!! Just think about that for a moment....

GO MEAN GREEN...GO MEAN GREEN CLUB...GO UNT ALUMNI...GO GMG.COM BB GAME!

Really good things are happening these days thanks to YOU! :goodjob:

Don't know about the rules regarding reaching out to Tony Mitchell. If anyone here is an NCAA rules expert speak up as it might be fun to have Tony involved somehow in the event.

What is this Facebook of which you speak? Just kidding...any idea who owns the Facebook page you are talking about? Do you know who runs the Mean Green Sports Facebook page? I would be happy to make contact and see what we might can do...but this is billed as a GMG.com members event first and foremost. Don't want to tun it into an "all-comers" tournament event at this point...I'm just looking for a few more folks who want to have some fun and help out the Cheer Squad by raising a bit of funds for them.

OK, great ideas...many thanks...appreciate the ideas. Let me know if you have any info on the Facebook thing. Anyone know the NCAA rules regarding Tony Mitchell and being part of something like this???

Don't know about the rules regarding reaching out to Tony Mitchell. If anyone here is an NCAA rules expert speak up as it might be fun to have Tony involved somehow in the event.

What is this Facebook of which you speak? Just kidding...any idea who owns the Facebook page you are talking about? Do you know who runs the Mean Green Sports Facebook page? I would be happy to make contact and see what we might can do...but this is billed as a GMG.com members event first and foremost. Don't want to tun it into an "all-comers" tournament event at this point...I'm just looking for a few more folks who want to have some fun and help out the Cheer Squad by raising a bit of funds for them.

OK, great ideas...many thanks...appreciate the ideas. Let me know if you have any info on the Facebook thing. Anyone know the NCAA rules regarding Tony Mitchell and being part of something like this???

Well UNTFLYER is the admin for the PitCrew Page Facebook and it has over 400 people on it. The Cheerleading team has a page too that has over 800 people on it (can't see an admin)

MeanGreenSports is here Facebook

Scrappy is here Scrappy

and so on...

Check out the donations section on the forum home page. You can now donate to the game/UNT Cheer Squad on-line through the GMG.com site using PayPal. Some people have told me that they cannot play but would like to help with a donation. Well you can do that now two different ways:

1) Just use the donations site on the GMG.com board itself, or

2) you can mail your check directly to me payable to UNT Athletics with UNT Cheer Squad on the memo line.

My address is:

Mark Miller

3608 Montecito Dr.

Denton, TX 76205

Appreciate the support. Our goal is to raise $1000 for the Cheer Squad...the PayPal site on GMG.Com reflects $500 as that is the goal for that site's donations. Can we meet it? Can we break it on the upside? I think so, but we need your help...please donate any amount you feel appropriate...any level of donation will be greatly appreciated.

The Mean Green Nation is a generous and special "nation". I am 100% confident that we will not only meet, but exceed our goal. Thanks for helping and GO MEAN GREEN!