Spring Football Practice Dates Set

Mean Green 93-98

OUCH! The Spring Football game is set for a Friday and it happens to be the very same Friday that the UNT Alumni Association has its ALUMNI AWARDS DINNER scheduled (the dinner was scheduled long before the game date was announced). man, that's a killer for me as a Alumni Association Board member I will be involved with the dinner that evening. I am assuming here that the spring game will also be an evening kick-off. I cannot imagine it being a day game on a work/school day.

I also had hopes of scheduling the GMG.COM flag football game for the day of the spring game to be played prior to the spring game kick-off. Oh, well, the flag football game will go on, just on another date/time. No problem, just hate to miss a great opportunity to have lots more people see the game and/or participate.

I hope everyone enjoys the spring game...except those of course at the Alumni Awards Dinner honoring some of UNT's great and deserving alumni. I'll have to get my spring football fix at some of the practices and scrimmages. It's gonna be fun to be a member of the Mean green nation...yes, it is!

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

OUCH! The Spring Football game is set for a Friday and it happens to be the very same Friday that the UNT Alumni Association has its ALUMNI AWARDS DINNER scheduled (the dinner was scheduled long before the game date was announced). man, that's a killer for me as a Alumni Association Board member I will be involved with the dinner that evening. I am assuming here that the spring game will also be an evening kick-off. I cannot imagine it being a day game on a work/school day.

I also had hopes of scheduling the GMG.COM flag football game for the day of the spring game to be played prior to the spring game kick-off. Oh, well, the flag football game will go on, just on another date/time. No problem, just hate to miss a great opportunity to have lots more people see the game and/or participate.

I hope everyone enjoys the spring game...except those of course at the Alumni Awards Dinner honoring some of UNT's great and deserving alumni. I'll have to get my spring football fix at some of the practices and scrimmages. It's gonna be fun to be a member of the Mean green nation...yes, it is!

GO MEAN GREEN!

I wonder if that's not a mistake. First of all, there are no Thursday practices scheduled until that last one right before the Spring game--I wonder if that's not supposed to be a Friday practice before the Spring game on Saturday. Second, Spring games are on Saturdays!

I wonder if that's not a mistake. First of all, there are no Thursday practices scheduled until that last one right before the Spring game--I wonder if that's not supposed to be a Friday practice before the Spring game on Saturday. Second, Spring games are on Saturdays!

Coach Mac said at the recruiting day press conference that the spring game is set for April 15.

Coach Mac said at the recruiting day press conference that the spring game is set for April 15.

Maybe we should chat with him about moving it to Saturday? What do you think? Anyone interested in sending him a few emails or thoughts on this? I do wonder why Friday as how do you make the spring game a big event if held on a Friday? How do you set up for tailgating when you can't even get into the lot due to the student parking until late that day? Anyway, one would think UNT would like to create a buzz and start a tradition of doing things BIG for the spring game...an opportunity to set up new stadium tours, an opportunity to sell Club Seats and/or season tickets, a tailgate opportunity to get folks connected with UNT, an opportunity to set up some student related activity centered around the spring game...and best of all...the opportunity to have the GMG.com Flag football game played prior to the start of the spring game.

So many opportunities to get folks fired up and back on campus with a Saturday game...maybe even use it for the 5K run...or a bike tour/race...so many fewer opportunities if a Friday, but I guess we will see...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I was informed by a university employee today that the Spring Game date is still listed for the same date as the Alumni Awards, but the subject is currently being discussed by some of UNT's higher ups.

If it does get changed to Saturday,how about we start a new spring game traditon and have a tailgate cookoff. Since I don't cook, I can be a professional sampler/judge.

That is great news! So when are we going to have the annual GMG.com bowl now that the spring game is set? :)

I am working with some folks in the athletic dept. right now about that! Will be back to you as soon as I have some info to pass along. Thanks for askin'.....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1