2011 Schedule News

SUMG

2.) This team beat Ok St. Texas Tech, Miss. St and many others in the last 3 yrs.

In the same season, actually. Then somehow dropped three C-USA games and a big part of it was Keenum turning into an interception-throwing machine. WEIRD.

That Tech-UH football game was one of the best I've ever attended. Quite certain Robertson has never been as loud.

Edited by Eagle1855

In the words of a comedian Bill Engvall.......Here's your sign :>)

Seriously a good post and no offense intended, just caught me funny!

None taken. I couldn't think of another way to say it. This game could actually be similar to the Navy scorefest.

About as much as Dunbar is I guess.

Keenum has already finished in the top 10 in Heisman voting once. I don't think he'll win it, but finishing in the top 10 previously with a chance to break most career QB records makes him a legitimate pre-season candidate which was the original statement.

plenty people see him having a realistic shot. ESPN practically worshiped him last year before the season. Anyway, I'm pretty sure his game will definitely be sold out. The fact that it is the new stadium alone will cause it to be a sell out, not to mention that we're playing Houston with a Heisman-candidate quarterback

Probably a good reason Keenum got his 7th year medical redshirt. Or, was it 8? Follow the money trail. Heisman candidate is good for ratings and mooocha $$$$$ for the NCAA.

Conference game to open the season?

I heard football schedule clues from multiple UNT employees before and during the basketball game last night. Putting all the pieces together, it sounds like we will open the season on the road against FIU the first week in September. If so, I may be making this trip. I guess we'll know for sure on March 1st.

Just in case, anyone know of any good places to stay when going to FIU for a road game?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I heard football schedule clues from multiple UNT employees before and during the basketball game last night. Putting all the pieces together, it sounds like we will open the season on the road against FIU the first week in September. If so, I may be making this trip. I guess we'll know for sure on March 1st.

Just in case, anyone know of any good places to stay when going to FIU for a road game?

Sheraton in Ft. Lauderdale--had a blast at last year's win over FAU!!!!!!!!! Heard this may be a Thurs. night game?????

I heard that was a possibility. Thanks for the suggestion.

Bear in mind that staying in FtL is going to guarantee a long drive to West Miami. FAU and FIU are an hour apart (SoFla is like D/FW in that way). I'd look all the way from the MIA area out towards Doral. You know, if this advice is even necessary.

And with that, my South Florida travel quick hit comes to a close.

Roamed the FIU campus last week and it is nice. The stadium is small but right on campus. Seeing all of their bowl game gear around campus and in the bookstore leads me to believe this will be big game for the Panthers. They want the championship and we are destined to return to Green Glory. There seemed to be a lot more school spirit on FIU than there was at FAU. It is going to be fun game to go to.

Whether you stay in South Beach or not I recommend a trip to the Clevelander - it's edgy, fun, and definitely has a Mean Green pre or post party vibe to it. I also suggest a late afternoon return on Sunday and hit Brunch at Nikki Beach in South Beach. Big delicious mojitos with your feet resting in the white sand - simply a treat!

Surprise FIU!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!