A Pre Spring Look At Unt's O-Line

Harry

I really like our OL. Good returning starters with lettermen that are experienced to fill in and a pretty good looking group of freshmen that we can develop. Add TE Andrew Power to this group and LD should have a fantastic year and our new signal caller should be well protected.

Actually I think it was Fortenberry that won that lineman award. Feeley was very solid and played left and right guard playing some or all of 7 games last year. In my opinion, they'll move Tomlinson to LT and have to find someone with good feet to play RT. I hope one of the guys mentioned can step into that position and do a good job, but I'm skeptical of the designated tackles. So its, Tomlinson @ LT, Feeley @ LG or RT, Johnson @ C or RG, Fortenberry @ C or RG or RT & Y'Barro @ C or LG. That seems quite reasonable to me...make it so!

Tomlinson, Feeley, Fortenberry, JJohnson, Leppo, Y'Barbo, Bean, Franklin, Noble and A Johnson provide an awesome two-deep, and I would guess the best depth in conference.

I expect the following to start from left to right, Tomlinson, Fortenberry, Johnson, Leppo, Feely.

My guess would go:

LT: Adepipe

LG: Feeley

C: Johnson

RG: Fortenberry

RT: Tomlinson

Chico really thinks Adepipe has something. I wouldn't be surprised to see Cyril Lemon in the mix as a youngster either.

Gotta have great feet and a serious understanding of leverage and positioning to play LT, like Gill. Gotta play the best DEs week in and week out. But when you do have that kind of LT, they'll switch the best DE to the other side. Used to be the Gs had to have the best feet for pulling and that is still somewhat true, but the T position has changed over the years such that they have to have a quick and balanced kick slide.

Gotta have great feet and a serious understanding of leverage and positioning to play LT, like Gill. Gotta play the best DEs week in and week out. But when you do have that kind of LT, they'll switch the best DE to the other side. Used to be the Gs had to have the best feet for pulling and that is still somewhat true, but the T position has changed over the years such that they have to have a quick and balanced kick slide.

No question about this. Chico has just said a few times to me that Adepipe is a great athlete for his size; and he has a mean streak to boot.