Played Ball With Tony Mitchell Last Night

sparkmank

There is not a single one of us who spent every free time studying, nor needed to. Tony is no exception. Show a bit of practicality here, people.

Agreed. Tony can't practice or compete (according to non-qualifier rules). He has to keep his hoops chops somehow.

All good, I just don't like people being called punks, or throwing out names. To call a member out, all good, but to admit you tagged along with a couple of nice players, doesn't mean you're the shit. But then again, he got the negative comments.. All good, really wished I lived closer.

Yes, it's great he's practicing in his free time. I really don't believe he should be studying all day. We all know he is an awesome player, so the story did little for me.

I would of rather heard someone ran into him at the library where he was getting his knowledge on. Maybe that he dominated a spur of the moment Jeopardy pick-up game.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

All I can say is Wow Skiver. Way to take the high ground. If this is what recent grads are like, it's a scary future.

Tag along. Trounce on others for taking pride and have some friendly banter back and forth. Then you drop in, unnvited, to tell everyone to shut the hell up.

To call anyone else who may have hooped at the Rec a punk is just myopic and uneducated.

Your post was a joke, boy.

Punks are those that hide behind a wall of anonymity, while name calling and grandstanding.

PS - GMG Bball game is coming up, Is mr Baller himself going to attend?

Mo, he stepped in with the talk ... we just finished it on the court

• Downvote 2

This tread is becoming ridiculous!! :notfair: We need to cut Tony Michell some slack. Based on everything that has been written about his situation there's nothing to indicated he's not smart enough to be in college, or a successful student and exceptional basketball player. Mr. Mitchell took many proficiency exams in two day period to place out, or get class credits for subjects offered at private school DISD wouldn't honor. In my mind DISD not honoring credits is like the "Pot calling the Kettle Black", DISD being on the level of Harvard or something. Mr. Mitchell then passed his SAT's and ACT's (first try or second students are allowed to take exam more that once).

I'll worry about Mr. Mitchell when it's determined he doesn't have the "smarts" to get C's or better at UNT!!! For all we know Tony Mitchell could become an honor roll's student.

I like the way this thread started with a student, Alumni, or former student elated based on playing with TM...and amazed at just how talented he is. More importantly that he's on campus and choose UNT and Johnny Jones to play for no matter the circumstances!!!

Go Mean Green, Tony Mitchell, and other talented incoming recruits!!!

Something special is going on at UNT!!!

RV...get out your checkbook...Johnny needs a raise NOW!!!! :thumbsu:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1