Denton & North Texas: A Super Bowl Host City

PlummMeanGreen

Anyone who thinks Denton is pro active enough to invite the MWC commissioner to Denton for a look-see, please raise your hand.

JH, my hands are still in my back pockets rubbing my itchy, uh, :ass:

We've seen it all pal, lets hope we see more of the upside kind of stuff before all us Baby Boomers & older go to Mean Green heaven! :thumbsu:

I thought the "North Texas Super Bowl" link was great for UNT and Denton and shows we are hardly one of those backwater outpost college towns that just added indoor plumbing to our haciendas. MWC Commish' Thompson needs to come see all this first-hand, though, that's all.:rolleyes:B)

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Downvote 2

We had several "bigga shots" (that's Italian for an important person) on the AC deck, viewing our stadium construction. If Thompson is really heavyset, then he could have been one of the 7 or 8.

I might add, that is why the MWC held off on conference expansion a week or so ago. If they were going to be in Dallas for the super bowl, why not visit old North Texas while they're up here? :rolleyes: Just sayin'........

Edited by DeepGreen

Shhh...you're ruining an otherwise good, though grounded in no evidence, fluff thread.

Emmitt, I remember when you used to be a genteel, laid back, happy-go-luck type of guy who did not microscope everything that anyone posted. Now you've become the Ralph Nader of GoMeanGreen.com threads and posts?

Actually, I don't think an explanation is in order on this but I will try anyway: The link from the first post of this thread came from the official Super Bowl website and was not pre-fabricated by anyone associated with North Texas or Denton or Denton County. The City of Denton was part (albeit I would think a limited part) of the massive planning of this enourmous North Texas Super Bowl of which the town of our alma mater's location according to media releases is going to benefit from economically and is one reason they, ie, the official NT Super Bowl website officials gave Denton a nice (single page) web page and recognition for their part in all this that will happen this next Sunday. Even our UNT Symphony Orchestra played a big part in one of the first North Texas Super Bowl events a few weeks ago.

I still wub' :wub: ya' Emmitt (in a Christian-like sort of way, of course), but I just don't understand the nit-picking that happens on this board (from others, too, not just you) from what seem like pretty basic topics thats not mean't to be controversial at all.

Let's all have fun with GoMeanGreen.com no matter how innocent or maybe sometimes controversial the subject might be. Being UNT alums and Mean Green fans for years and for some decades, we deserve a little fun more than those from most other schools that seem to have had a decade in and decade out smooth road to travel. So...can't we just all agree to disagree w/o severing the jugular? :blink:

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

We had several "bigga shots" (that's Italian for an important person) on the AC deck, viewing our stadium construction. If Thompson is really heavyset, then he could have been one of the 7 or 8.

I might add, that is why the MWC held off on conference expansion a week or so ago. If they were going to be in Dallas for the super bowl, why not visit old North Texas while they're up here? :rolleyes: Just sayin'........

DG, I never want to meet your close relative (namely Guido) from Sicily. I prefer my horses head to remain on my horse and not as my bed partner! :rolleyes::sword:

GMG!

Good find, 97and03...

And within the North Texan article provided by 97and03 was this separate article in the below link on UNT's presence with the North Texas Super Bowl (as their logo calls it).

http://northtexan.unt.edu/content/unt-symphony-orchestra-kick-super-bowl