Kiss That Rpi Goodbye

All About UNT

This is an embarrassment and I will go on the record that we will not win the tournament since we can't:

1.) play on the road against even the poorest SBC teams

2.)play defense

FAU is the current best team in the Sunbelt and while we may beat them at home I can't see us beating them outside of home court.

You would expect more out of this veteran team on the road, but I still think we have a more than even chance of pulling off the tourney championship at a neutral site. On the other hand, an injury to just one of our top 7 players could make things difficult.

This is an embarrassment and I will go on the record that we will not win the tournament since we can't:

2.)play defense

FAU is the current best team in the Sunbelt and while we may beat them at home I can't see us beating them outside of home court.

I really don't look at this game as entirely representative of how we should expect to play come tourney time. We were a little off, and LaLa was on. Bad nights happen.

2.)play defense

Agreed. RPI doesn't mean crap when you are sitting at home in March.

I am extremely disappointed with this team. The bad road losses keep piling up. First Troy, and now ULL. If we even make it to the NCAA tourney, which I thought was a given at the start of the season, we will be a 15 or 16 seed with little or no chance of winning a road game against some of the nation's fiercest competition (#1 - #3 seed). I'm sorry, but if we can't win the easy ones on the road against a weak, weak SBC this season, I cannot see us winning against top competition. Hopefully I am proven wrong.

I still think we'd be a 15. But, if we are a 16.....then we more than likely would have to play a play-in game....and what a buzzkill that would be.

A 15 seed is much better than a 16 seed, but IF somehow we do get placed as a 16 seed, we may actually want to be in the play in game. That way at least we have a chance to get an "NCAA tournament win," and a chance to get a victory on national TV when no other games are going on. The play-in games do count as tourney wins for some reason.

What is important now is that we make the NCAA tournament. We may not get a good seed, but getting there would be a step in the right direction, at least with consistency. We need our name out there even if a little "15" is by it. Once you get there absolutely anything can happen.

Go Mean Green!

***1,000th Post***!

A 15 seed is much better than a 16 seed, but IF somehow we do get placed as a 16 seed, we may actually want to be in the play in game. That way at least we have a chance to get an "NCAA tournament win," and a chance to get a victory on national TV when no other games are going on. The play-in games do count as tourney wins for some reason.

What is important now is that we make the NCAA tournament. We may not get a good seed, but getting there would be a step in the right direction, at least with consistency. We need our name out there even if a little "15" is by it. Once you get there absolutely anything can happen.

Go Mean Green!

***1,000th Post***!

Congrats and good post. Took quite a few years before Gonzaga started earning higher seeds.

---We need to win games that we are expected to win...period..... and do well or break even in games that are are very competitive.

---We also need to do well enough to get away from a 15th or 16th seed... if we make the tournament.

---We need to win games that we are expected to win...period..... and do well or break even in games that are are very competitive.

---We also need to do well enough to get away from a 15th or 16th seed... if we make the tournament.

Bold.

It's about time someone told it like it is.

If we play really well the rest of the year, then win the SBC tourney (which is the only way we can get into the NCAA tourney) I wonder if the NCAA would think about bumping us up to a 14 seed so we can play in Tulsa. I know last year there was a lot of talk about the NCAA sometimes moving teams up and down if the location makes more sense. I know that's a long way off though.

I came on this thread looking for your apologist explanation about why we shouldn't worry about this great team. Is it in another thread?

I'm worried.

Basketball would be so much easier if it weren't for having to actually go out and beat the other teams. Many times, they want to win the game, too.

Either we'll get a bye in Hot Springs, or we won't. Either we'll win the tournament, or we won't. Just like two days ago, they're both still possibilities.

Anyone who wants to flip out and overreact, I'm not really bothering to read. Bad loss to a bad team. And we play another game tomorrow. Looking forward to that one.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1