Mountain West Stands Firm At 10

MeanGreen61

The league is known to covet a Texas member to replace Texas Christian, which leaves after the 2011 season.

Honolulu Advertiser article

http://www.staradvertiser.com/sports/20110126_Mountain_West_stands_firm_with_10_members.html

As another alums pointed out to me "Boise has just re-joined the old WAC." Just about right on that, too, but I would still love to re-unite with Boise again as a conference-mate.

GMG!

My guess is they are waiting to see how their season goes with their new members to see if it draws national attention (as the WAC did from Boise St/Nevada).

If it does, then I bet they come talking with UH/UTEP again with that as leverage.

I think for us, we better hope that the new MWC does terrible so that UH and UTEP won't be rethinking their decisions.

• Upvote 1

The MWC made the right move. Now way UH, SMU or UTEP would join now (CUSA TV deal is good $$$ and it is lateral move to MWC). If UH moves to Big East then maybe you get UTEP or SMU. Plus, some believe Big 12 is unstable right now. Also, if nothing happens you have time to really look at UNT, TxSt, and UTSA. If UNT can have another good run in Belt then North Texas becomes a viable expansion target. If you believe UTSA people, they'll be dominating the WAC in a couple of years so they will be a viable candidate. No need to expand just to expand at this point.