A "field Trip" For My Daughter's Basketball Team

chrisfisher

My daughter plays 8th grade basketball for a Denton public school. I just found out yesterday that the entire team is attending a basketball game today..... drum roll..... SMU. :thumbsd:

I am pretty sure it the women's game since the men don't play today... I told her to tell her coach that they should have gone to the Mean Green women's game last night instead, and she just rolled her eyes at me and told me to get a life... oh well, can't win them all. Plus my daughter goes to almost all Mean Green games so it wouldn't have been as fun for her.

Edited by chrisfisher
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

My daughter plays 8th grade basketball for a Denton public school. I just found out yesterday that the entire team is attending a basketball game today..... drum roll..... SMU. :thumbsd:

I am pretty sure it the women's game since the men don't play today... I told her to tell her coach that they should have gone to the Mean Green women's game last night instead, and she just rolled her eyes at me and told me to get a life... oh well, can't win them all. Plus my daughter goes to almost all Mean Green games so it wouldn't have been as fun for her.

I had a similar experience when my daughter was on a teenage dance team. They were good, and the instructor wanted them to appear at halftime of a local college game, for free. Smut said they could perform for their women's game, if the team bought 50 game tickets and other items. I called NT Athletics on their behalf since the instructor preferred to perform at UNT...never heard back...so they performed at Smut. The parents would have bought 35 tickets at least anyway and introduced some girls and their parents considering college choices to UNT. UNT had no halftime entertainment for either the women's or men's game that week, but the floor sweepers were solid! <_<

Edited by NT80
  • Downvote 1

and there you have it.

I had a similar experience when my daughter was on a teenage dance team. They were good, and the instructor wanted them to appear at halftime of a local college game, for free. Smut said they could perform for their women's game, if the team bought 50 game tickets and other items. I called NT Athletics on their behalf since the instructor preferred to perform at UNT...never heard back...so they performed at Smut. The parents would have bought 35 tickets at least anyway and introduced some girls and their parents considering college choices to UNT. UNT had no halftime entertainment for either the women's or men's game that week, but the floor sweepers were solid! <_<