Idaho Vandals

wardly

the spuds from u.of idaho are putting $30 million into their stadium with ground level boxes, and have future plans to lower field and add 8 to 10,000 more seats. in addition, the just signed a 2 for 1 series with tcu beginning next year, something we have been unable to do. it just points out how competative it is in todays college football environment, both on and off the field. our new stadium and staff could not have come at a better time.

the spuds from u.of idaho are putting $30 million into their stadium with ground level boxes, and have future plans to lower field and add 8 to 10,000 more seats. in addition, the just signed a 2 for 1 series with tcu beginning next year, something we have been unable to do. it just points out how competative it is in todays college football environment, both on and off the field. our new stadium and staff could not have come at a better time.

103102504_P8p677zK_P9130292manualX2.jpg

Show me how they can lower this field and add 10,000 more sideline seats. Maybe rip out an endzone wall and add some endzone seats but that would involve a lot of engineering for poor seating. It would just be lipstick on a pig.

Edited by NT80

TCU doesn't see the need to sign a deal with us. The Kibbie Dome being renovated will be just like what a renovated Fouts would have been except with a roof overhead. It's still a dump.

Its the old TCS at play.

TCS? Texas Collegiate "we've got it going on and we don't want to play you to assist you in anyway in helping your program to get it on, too" Syndrome or the old....WHNTGBPY Syndrome! :blink: You know, "we have nothing to gain by playing you?"

Didn't Texas Tech just drop TCU from a game next Fall and TCU tried to salvage that game by moving it to JerryWorld? There you go, TCS in action once again in the Lone Star State. We all should be used to this collegiate football form of social climbing by now shouldn't we? (I know, I hate it as much as most of you do, too, but what the hell do we do to change it, especially in Texas)?

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think I would ask TCU why they chose to play a game against Idaho versus a school 30 miles away. I believe that NT would do all it could to schedule TCU although I am not sure it would give TCU a 1-2, I guess TCU wants to mine that fertile recruiting state of Idaho that produces a handful of prospects a year.

Congrats to Idaho for their planned stadium renovation guess that now NT has replaced Fouts after fifty years, we can be stadium snubs.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

103102504_P8p677zK_P9130292manualX2.jpg

Show me how they can lower this field and add 10,000 more sideline seats. Maybe rip out an endzone wall and add some endzone seats but that would involve a lot of engineering for poor seating. It would just be lipstick on a pig.

I tend to agree. They don't have enough sideline space to go down and add more seats. You're usually able to do that (lower the field) with stadiums that have tracks around them....like D. Royal Stadium at UT. If it hadn't been for the water table (or whatever it was) under Fouts being unfavorable for digging down, we could have lowered the field. Hell, considering the distance from the stands to the field, we could have lowered the field, and added 30K seats. But with all the structural and mechanical upgrades/changes that we would have had to have made in addition to the digging down, it would have ended up costing more than the 70m that we are currently spending.

I tend to agree. They don't have enough sideline space to go down and add more seats. You're usually able to do that (lower the field) with stadiums that have tracks around them....like D. Royal Stadium at UT. If it hadn't been for the water table (or whatever it was) under Fouts being unfavorable for digging down, we could have lowered the field. Hell, considering the distance from the stands to the field, we could have lowered the field, and added 30K seats. But with all the structural and mechanical upgrades/changes that we would have had to have made in addition to the digging down, it would have ended up costing more than the 70m that we are currently spending.

Maybe they are planning to put in a glass field and put seats under the field facing up. They could probably fit a lot of seats down there.

Maybe they are planning to put in a glass field and put seats under the field facing up. They could probably fit a lot of seats down there.

you got it backwards man... it's going to be a glass ceiling on a field that is 50 yards deep... you sit on the glass, like you would would a glass bottom boat...

The Vandals baby!!!! Idaho, birth place of Eric Russell!!!!