Conference Rankings

EagleGreen

Every team in the ACC has the best athletes in the country on the field and the back up players in the ACC are better then most of the starters in the mountain west.

And if any of this were true, Virginia Tech would have dominated James Madison as well as Boise St, both of which were essentially home games, and both of which they did not. There's a reason Oregon had a ton of Texas kids on it. Best Football players in the country come from Florida, Texas and California. The best athletes in the country are in the SEC, not the ACC. Again, if the backups were better than most the starters, then the records don't lie. Big XII and SEC dominate NFL rosters, not ACC players. That pretty much sums up the whole talent issue.

I'll go SEC as a gauntlet and even Big XII to a large degree, but the ACC slate is not a gauntlet, a good test, sure, stronger than the MWC by leaps and bounds, not likely. Men lie, women lie, numbers don't lie. Check the rankings for the past 2-3 yrs, numbers speak for themselves, as I pointed out in my last post.

And to clarify, from which ACC member schoools did you graduate? I can't think for the life of me what other reason would have you so vehemently defending the ACC?

And is TCU going to get the same, "You don't play anybody" spiel if they win out in the Big East as well?

I guess we'll see...

You must not watch college football. Its called strength of schedule. If Boise or TCU played Miami, Florida State, Clemson, Boston College, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech or North Carolina, they wouldn't have the records or rankings that they did. next statement.

TCU would beat every team listed, as would Boise.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

TCU and Boise have stood up to the occasion multiple times. PROPS :goodjob: There is no way in hell that if TCU goes into the ACC right now that they dont lose 3 maybe 4 games. They do not have the depth. If they lost one key player its season over. As we watched happen to UofH. Every team in the ACC has the best athletes in the country on the field and the back up players in the ACC are better then most of the starters in the mountain west.

2619%20-%2050_cent%20animated_gif%20bert%20fifity_cent.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

TCU and Boise have stood up to the occasion multiple times. PROPS :goodjob: There is no way in hell that if TCU goes into the ACC right now that they dont lose 3 maybe 4 games. They do not have the depth. If they lost one key player its season over. As we watched happen to UofH. Every team in the ACC has the best athletes in the country on the field and the back up players in the ACC are better then most of the starters in the mountain west.

I should just let this go, but I disagree with your post so much that I just couldn't resist. Obviously, your opinion, which you are completely entitled to, is that the ACC is some kind of gauntlet to run through, but the name value of their major teams is MUCH higher than their current strength. Miami, Florida State, Virginia Tech, Clemson, and UNC are nowhere near as good now as they have been at different points over the last two decades. In the last five years, if you could have both Boise State and TCU play those ACC teams as conference mates, either one of them would have won that conference.

I think you all are focusing too much on one or 2 teams from a conference. To be a better conference, the teams at the bottom have to be better than the teams at the bottom of another too. Every conference has 1 or 2 more teams that push the top 10 every year. Except the Sun Belt and MAC, that is. The difference comes in the other teams.

If you guys want to argue about one or 2 of the top teams, they've already answered the questions. TCU was better than the Big 10s best, which is probably also better than the ACCs best as well.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1