Conference Office Ask Mwc Board To Ceas Expansion Threads

MeanGreen61

EXERPT

We have been contacted by the MWC commissioner's office and they asked for an end to all expansion rumors that include "leaked" information. It turns out that some people on this board either have well-placed connections, or are really good guessers.

THREAD

http://www.mwcboard.com/www/forums/index.php?showtopic=30937

Edited by MeanGreen61
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

I certainly don't mind waiting until Feb. 1st but even if one or more posted inside information or lucky guesses, how would we know which one is correct? There are at least four teams involved positively and that many or more negatively. They can't all be right. Besides, anything done to this point since Hawaii is strictly unofficial until the conference meets next week.

It ain't official 'til it's official.

• Upvote 1

I certainly don't mind waiting until Feb. 1st but even if one or more posted inside information or lucky guesses, how would we know which one is correct? There are at least four teams involved positively and that many or more negatively. They can't all be right. Besides, anything done to this point since Hawaii is strictly unofficial until the conference meets next week.

This ESPN article seems to say that Hawaii's move to the MWC is official since they have already paid the 100,000 entry fee to move all other sports to the Big West.

Hawaii is leaving the WAC and has accepted a football-only membership in the Mountain West Conference for the 2012-13 season, according to the MWC.
Edited by UNTFan23

Or until Susan Boyle sings, Jack? :rolleyes: (Slap my face, I liked her "Brittain's Got Talent" story and her voice for that matter).

Most of us won't start real speculation on our part of any of this (if there is an "our part of any of this" until there is a Craig Thompson (MWC Commish') sighting over at the Mean Green Village or our new football palace. If that happens then this board will all but go viral. (Personally, I'd like to see this board go viral)! :sword:

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Some things are easier said out of the presence of certain people.

It's like half the people commenting on that thread get the joke and I can only assume the other half does do, but just want it to be true so bad they are willing to forgo common sense as they respond.

I can see it now. Somewhere in the poorly translated Filipino sayings and the jokes about cousins, the juicy truth lays buried, waiting for you and a true man without rivals (SleepingGiantsFan) to dig it out for all of us. Godspeed on your mission. And, if this works out for us, I'm more than happy to credit some guy's joke thread for any and all success.