Rivals 2010 Football Rankings (Post-Season)

All About UNT

Coming in at #107 out of #120

"BUZZ: North Texas suffered through an inordinate amount of injuries this season, but new coach Dan McCarney -- hired off the staff at Florida -- has some talent with which to work."

Rivals

Other SBC Teams

FIU #70 "The Panthers' first bowl trip ended in memorable fashion, with K Jack Griffin nailing a winning field goal at the gun against Toledo. Coach Mario Cristobal deserves praise for getting this program on the right track."

Troy #71 "The Trojans' finished with the best overall record in the Sun Belt after a dominating performance in a New Orleans Bowl win over Ohio U."

MTSU #91 "The Blue Raiders went bowling, but this season fell far short of what was expected. QB Dwight Dasher's four-game suspension hurt, as did his propensity to throw interceptions (18, against six TD passes)"

ULM #95 "The WarHawks overachieved a bit in new coach Todd Berry's first season. Redshirt freshman QB Kolton Browning is a guy Berry can build around."

Ark St #98 "The offense was productive, the defense not so much. And coach Steve Roberts was let go after the season."

FAU #103 "The rushing attack was a big disappointment for the Owls, who open an on-campus stadium this fall."

ULL #109 "Coach Rickey Bustle never could get the Ragin' Cajuns over the hump and was let go at the end of the season. Good news for ULL is that quick turnarounds aren't that difficult in the Sun Belt."

WKU #113 "The Hilltoppers made some progress for first-year coach Willie Taggart, who was hired off Jim Harbaugh's staff at Stanford."

By the way....the MAC has 4 schools in the Bottom 10 and we have 1 (WKU). The WAC also has 2 in the Bottom 10 as does the MWC. CUSA has 1 school (Memphis) in the Bottom 10.

Edited by All About UNT
  • Upvote 1

They play in CUSA, play in the Liberty Bowl, and they are the only team in a talent-rich area.

If you're saying the only team within Memphis city limits, then I'd agree. I haven't looked at rosters, but I would guess they compete pretty regularly for recruits with Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Arkansas State, MTSU, Arkansas, Missouri, and Tennessee.

Edited by ColoradoEagle

If you're saying the only team within Memphis city limits, then I'd agree. I haven't looked at rosters, but I would guess they compete pretty regularly for recruits with Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Arkansas State, MTSU, Arkansas, Missouri, and Tennessee.

I think he was comparing their situation with ours--we have both TCU and SMU within less than 40 miles of our campus, and in the same metropolitan area. Memphis doesn't have another FBS school to compete with within twice that distance, and certainly not in the same metropolitan area.

I think he was comparing their situation with ours--we have both TCU and SMU within less than 40 miles of our campus, and in the same metropolitan area. Memphis doesn't have another FBS school to compete with within twice that distance, and certainly not in the same metropolitan area.

I think it's fairly similar to ours. Arkansas State is 70 miles away and Ole Miss is about 80 miles away. I don't think that extra 30-40 miles is going to deter a lot of kids.