Sun Belt Tourney And Mardi Gras

Dr. Seuss

Go to the tourney.

If before the game, you throw me some beads.....I'll pull my top up.

And if you throw ME some beads, I'll pull SUMG's top up.

Also, I'll spring for a pitcher at Lucky's after a game. And I don't drink, so there's no competition to drink it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Go to the tourney... You can drink a whole lot with some great North Texas fans until 5AM (which is plenty late enough) and you don't have to see any 60+ year olds running around flashing everyone in sight.

Now, if we get back to the New Orleans Bowl soon, I highly recommend that trip. College bowl games bring a lot of students, and the beads thing is not just for Mardi Gras. I'm sure you get my drift.

• Upvote 2

Go to Mardi Gras when you're older (read 30...not talking SUMG old here) and can appreciate the actual dark beauty and pageantry and meaning of the celebration...and the city for that matter...at least a bit more than you would want to as a college student. Nothing wrong with drinking hand grenades, harassing young women and then praying that she is actually 18 (and perhaps born a woman) at 3AM in a back alley off Dumaine Street...but there can be a whole lot more to taken in with Mardi Gras when you're old enough to want to look for more.

In the mean time...go to Hot Springs and pray McCarney is a miracle worker and a trip to the New Orleans Bowl brings you to the Crescent City next December.

My bride and I recently made reservations at a place in Hot Springs for the SBC Tournament for the first time. We are looking forward to our first Hot Springs trip and hope to add to the Mean Green crowd at the tourney! All reports I have heard reflect a great time will be had by all who attend.

So, does one buy tickets from the Athletic Dept. or wait until ones gets to Hot Springs? Unfortunately, I understand that the games usually do not sell out, but was wondering about discounted pricing for advanced ticket purchases or if UNT gets the credit for tickets bought through the UNT Athletic dept. ticket office?

ROAD TRIP! YIPPEE!!!!! GO MEAN GREEN!

My bride and I recently made reservations at a place in Hot Springs for the SBC Tournament for the first time. We are looking forward to our first Hot Springs trip and hope to add to the Mean Green crowd at the tourney! All reports I have heard reflect a great time will be had by all who attend.

So, does one buy tickets from the Athletic Dept. or wait until ones gets to Hot Springs? Unfortunately, I understand that the games usually do not sell out, but was wondering about discounted pricing for advanced ticket purchases or if UNT gets the credit for tickets bought through the UNT Athletic dept. ticket office?

ROAD TRIP! YIPPEE!!!!! GO MEAN GREEN!

Buy your tickets from our Athletic Department.