Conference Hierarchy On Display

emmitt01

Once again the SEC is showing why there is no comparison from the Big XII. This Aggie team beat UT, Nebraska and OU. This LSU team wasnt at the top of the SEC.

That's why going undereated in the Big XII isnt that great. "If they had to play the SEC instead of the sisters of the poor they wouldnt be unbeaten."

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Once again the SEC is showing why there is no comparison from the Big XII. This Aggie team beat UT, Nebraska and OU. This LSU team wasnt at the top of the SEC.

That's why going undereated in the Big XII isnt that great. "If they had to play the SEC instead of the sisters of the poor they wouldnt be unbeaten."

I would agree, but not based on this game alone.

Aggie has proven to be the most inconsistent team over the years. I don't think they are a very good measuring stick. LSU might be the 2nd best team in the SEC, while A&M is max 5th best. You can look at what happened in last years national championship and make a great argument for your point. Or you can look at the win percentage.

Based on win% alone, here's the current rankings of the conferences: It's really just comparing how they played against competition out of their own conferences.

SEC

BIG 12

BIG 10

PAC 10

BIG EAST

ACC

WAC

MWC

CUSA

MAC

SBC

Aggie has proven to be the most inconsistent team over the years. I don't think they are a very good measuring stick. LSU might be the 2nd best team in the SEC, while A&M is max 5th best. You can look at what happened in last years BS "national championship" and make a great argument for your point. Or you can look at the win percentage.

Based on win% alone, here's the current rankings of the conferences: It's really just comparing how they played against competition out of their own conferences.

SEC

BIG 12

BIG 10

PAC 10

BIG EAST

ACC

WAC

MWC

CUSA

MAC

SBC

You had typo's!

I think A&M was better than the 5th best team in the Big XII. But they were all pretty closely scrunched together, and the Aggies benefited from having most of their toughest games in Kyle Field.

Not sure where I would rank the LSU team in the SEC. Again, those teams were all pretty closely matched, especially in the West. I'd probably have them at 3rd.

The SEC isn't as strong this year top to bottom as they have been (IMHO), but they're still the best league.

Aggie has proven to be the most inconsistent team over the years. I don't think they are a very good measuring stick. LSU might be the 2nd best team in the SEC, while A&M is max 5th best. You can look at what happened in last years national championship and make a great argument for your point. Or you can look at the win percentage.

SEC

BIG 12

BIG 10

PAC 10

BIG EAST

ACC

WAC

MWC

CUSA

MAC

SBC

I assume you are talking about overall wins and losses? For bowl season the rankings are a little different.

1. MWC

2. Sun Belt, Pac-10, Independents (tie)

5. Big East

6. ACC, MAC (tie)

8. SEC

9. Big 10, Big XII (tie)

11. WAC, C-USA (tie)

http://backseatfan.com/2010/12/2010-11-ncaa-college-football-conference-bowl-records/

I assume you are talking about overall wins and losses? For bowl season the rankings are a little different.

1. MWC

2. Sun Belt, Pac-10, Independents (tie)

5. Big East

6. ACC, MAC (tie)

8. SEC

9. Big 10, Big XII (tie)

11. WAC, C-USA (tie)

http://backseatfan.com/2010/12/2010-11-ncaa-college-football-conference-bowl-records/

Yes, I was looking at overall win%. I believe it to be a better indicator than bowl records when ranking conferences in aggregate against one another.

I didn't take into consideration the strength of schedules.

Edited by MeanMag

If you would just rank individual programs by money and not be so worried about conference affiliation, you could save yourself a lot of posts. The SEC schools with money win -- their whole conference, not so much. Maybe Auburn can bump them back to .500 for the bowl season.

Edited by Quoner
  • Downvote 2