I Know Tefalon Todd Is Gone, But Might He Be Going To Sfa?

jtm0097

Those two have always belonged at a school like SFA; I've argued it for years. Hear me now, believe me later.

Riley wouldn't have taken 1/19th of the pounding he did here if he'd have been honest with himself (and his dad with him...and our athletic driector to us) and signed with SFA, or Sam Houston, or Texas State, or Eastern Washington right out of the gate.

Why, he might be playing in the FCS championship games this week in Frisco, Texas like Bo Levi Mitchell will be with that Eastern Washington outfit!

And, Todd Dodge, too. He needed to be ripened on the vine like Gus Malzhan and the high school coach/guy that went to Tulsa last year from Lake Travis and is now interviewing for the Clemson OC job...along with TCU OC Justin Fuente.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh, Baby! It hurts to be right!

Those two have always belonged at a school like SFA; I've argued it for years. Hear me now, believe me later.

Riley wouldn't have taken 1/19th of the pounding he did here if he'd have been honest with himself (and his dad with him...and our athletic driector to us) and signed with SFA, or Sam Houston, or Texas State, or Eastern Washington right out of the gate.

Why, he might be playing in the FCS championship games this week in Frisco, Texas like Bo Levi Mitchell will be with that Eastern Washington outfit!

And, Todd Dodge, too. He needed to be ripened on the vine like Gus Malzhan and the high school coach/guy that went to Tulsa last year from Lake Travis and is now interviewing for the Clemson OC job...along with TCU OC Justin Fuente.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh, Baby! It hurts to be right!

Ripened on the vine? :blink: Now THERE is an image of a coach that I never thought I'd have. :o

Staked out on an ant bed maybe, but never ripened. B)

You think he wants to go back to HS? An OC job anywhere would be a good start to rebuilding his rep.

I don't care where he goes, either, just to reiterate the point someone else made.

But I do think the guy (and particularly his family) are better suited for coaching at a high school. I don't mean that in any sort of talent or ability sense, I mean in terms of approach to the job and how he and the family handle the environment and surrounding criticism.

Whether or not he will ever succeed as a coach at the college level, I don't know and I'm not trying to speculate. But based on pretty much every public comment he ever made in interviews and the things we hear (both good and bad) from players and parents, I think he'd be happier working with high school kids in a high school environment.

High school, even as seriously as many in Texas take it, is also a much less intense spotlight with far less immediate and intense criticism than college ball. The criticism really seemed to get to Mrs. Dodge, especially in the last year and a half, and based on how she reacted to it I think she'd be happier with him as a revered figure at a powerhouse high school.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

I don't care where he goes, either, just to reiterate the point someone else made.

But I do think the guy (and particularly his family) are better suited for coaching at a high school. I don't mean that in any sort of talent or ability sense, I mean in terms of approach to the job and how he and the family handle the environment and surrounding criticism.

Whether or not he will ever succeed as a coach at the college level, I don't know and I'm not trying to speculate. But based on pretty much every public comment he ever made in interviews and the things we hear (both good and bad) from players and parents, I think he'd be happier working with high school kids in a high school environment.

High school, even as seriously as many in Texas take it, is also a much less intense spotlight with far less immediate and intense criticism than college ball. The criticism really seemed to get to Mrs. Dodge, especially in the last year and a half, and based on how she reacted to it I think she'd be happier with him as a revered figure at a powerhouse high school.

I see your opening point, but I like to keep up with where DD is, so I'm sure I'll follow where Dodge is coaching as well. Now, that doesn't mean that I'll become a fan of that school like some of our new IASt fans on the board, but I'll certainly be interested to see where he ends up.

I think as far as his future carreer goes, I tend to agree with TFLF. I think Dodge has a good football mind, but he needs to climb the ladder. You don't get on the tallest stilts you can find when you're learning how to walk in them.

I think if he returns to the high school ranks, it will be because he settled for comfort. I think he could start out as a QB coach at any D1a school, or an O-Coord of a D1aa school or lower right now. He'll learn the ropes, and tweak his offense to stand up to faster, better players while watching a veteran head coach show him the ropes of how a successful college program runs (practice, game management, recruiting). He'll learn alot, and put it all together. Maybe he'll have another HC opportunity down the line. I hope he does.

• Upvote 1