Patrick Cobbs

BoJangles12

I didn't get to watch all of the Dolphins games this year, but it seemed that they either got away from the Wildcat formation, or whatever their version was called, or he was just flat underused. I hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling he won't be a Fin next season. Maybe the award will make Miami realize what they have. He should still catch on with someone.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

I'd believe Patrick's reputation is well known throughout the league. Mr. Cobbs may not stay with the Dolphin's but I'm sure he would be given a chance to play for another team or at least make their training camp and 53 man roster. Mr. Cobbs can play several positions and that makes him valuable (running back, WR, kick returner, punt returner, and probably several special team positions). I thought Patrick signed 2.1 or 2.2 million dollar contract with Miami several years ago. $775,000.00 sounds low on the salary side this year, but I'm sure the number is correct.

The real plus side for the Emerald Express is that he's been in the league 5 years. If memory serves 5 years in the league qualifies Patrick for the NFL pension/retirement plan. I think Patrick is pretty smart so I'd believe he's planned well for life after football and hasn't spent all his money as fast as he makes it. When his career ends in the NFL I bet he'll have enough money to invest in a new career or business(S) he'd like to start or has already started.

Congratulations Mr. Cobbs on a good and yet to end career in the NFL. You've made all us fans in Mean Green land proud!!! :thumbsu:

I'd believe Patrick's reputation is well known throughout the league. Mr. Cobbs may not stay with the Dolphin's but I'm sure he would be given a chance to play for another team or at least make their training camp and 53 man roster. Mr. Cobbs can play several positions and that makes him valuable (running back, WR, kick returner, punt returner, and probably several special team positions). I thought Patrick signed 2.1 or 2.2 million dollar contract with Miami several years ago. $775,000.00 sounds low on the salary side this year, but I'm sure the number is correct.

The real plus side for the Emerald Express is that he's been in the league 5 years. If memory serves 5 years in the league qualifies Patrick for the NFL pension/retirement plan. I think Patrick is pretty smart so I'd believe he's planned well for life after football and hasn't spent all his money as fast as he makes it. When his career ends in the NFL I bet he'll have enough money to invest in a new career or business(S) he'd like to start or has already started.

Congratulations Mr. Cobbs on a good and yet to end career in the NFL. You've made all us fans in Mean Green land proud!!! :thumbsu:

Gagree. Even if the Dolphins don't bring him back, he will get a shot with another team. Maybe a winning program.

• Upvote 1