Ponies Lost

Dr. Seuss

Mustangs are typically smaller then most horse breeds, but fast. Not particularly strong for a horse, again light and fast as I remember. I seem to remember that baby horses usually called colts, but in the case of mustangs they are many times called mustang ponies. Basically though mustangs were called ponies because they are smaller.

this is the way back machine, but i recall an smu game on tv that was spondered by chevy. they did not want the word "mustangs" used during the broadcast[i.e. ford mustang], so the announcers refered to smu as ponies. this has to have been 25 or 30 years ago.

Really, I'm more happy that Army won that that SMU lost, maybe because I was in the Army once.

Thanks for serving, that is great. I have a question, really for anybody that served in any branch. Do you feel a pull for Army because you served, for another particular reason, or do you not feel a connection at all? The reason I ask is I was active duty Air Force from 91-94 but have no connection to how the Air Force Falcons perform on the field. I tried wearing my AF t-shirt and getting into a game several different times but never did feel an attachment. Maybe that is why I absolutely don't understand how someone can be a huge fan of a school they never attended, ie. UT or OU.

I went to the game with some Army friends, proud day for the Military! The Armed Forces Bowl had a great game day presentation, very very impressive, lots of fun for all! Really tale of two halfs, SMU was flat as can be in the first half, add in three or four turnovers and Army was up 16 to zip at halftime! I guess June Jones lit into them at halftime, cause they looked much different in the second half. SMU's kicker stinks, he missed two fieldgoals, including one on SMU's last drive that would have won the game. After Army's first drive, their offense couldn't do much at all. It was one of those games where SMU would win nine out of ten times, SMU doubled Army in total yardage, but it was Army's time! I was thrilled Army won, but, it wouldn't hurt my feeling if the Ponies would have won. I know thats blasphemy with most over here, but they are from DFW, and I will be for TCU bigtime tomorrow! Go Frogs, Go Mustangs, Go Meangreen!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I went to this game as well. It was special because of the different helicopters and tanks that were there. It was neat how they honored each branch of the military during each quarter. From watching the game, SMU has alot of work to do for next year. Honestly, I feel like UNT is right behind SMU. There is no reason why UNT should not be in a bowl next year, no reason at all. Army was impressive though. Their defense played outstanding.