Best Bowl Game Of The Season

FirefightnRick

What a fantastic game. If you didn't stay up for this one, you missed the best bowl game so far.

FIU comes from behind being down 24-7, takes the lead at the end, loses it when Toledo goes for a two point conversion to make it 32-31 with 1:14 left in the game. Then FIU, trying to march back for the final lead takes two sacks, but uses a hook and ladder to convert the 4th and 17 and works the ball down and kicks a 34 yarder with no time left on the clock.

Great game, and the Sunbelt is now 2-0 vs the MAC this bowl season.

Build the Belt!

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

One of the best football games I've watched all season! Congrats to FIU. They took their program from the longest losing streak in the nation in years past to a quality bowl game win in such a short period of time. SBC is 2-0 in bowl games so far this year!

I usually only get that heart-pounding nervous feeling when I'm watching North Texas play, but by the end of the game last night I had it for our Sun Belt brothers. Way to go FIU! You never gave up and kept fighting all the way to the end. Congrats on your first bowl trip and victory, it will definitely be one to remember.

Keith

What a fantastic game. If you didn't stay up for this one, you missed the best bowl game so far.

FIU comes from behind being down 24-7, takes the lead at the end, loses it when Toledo goes for a two point conversion to make it 32-31 with 1:14 left in the game. Then FIU, trying to march back for the final lead takes two sacks, but uses a hook and ladder to convert the 4th and 17 and works the ball down and kicks a 34 yarder with no time left on the clock.

Great game, and the Sunbelt is now 2-0 vs the MAC this bowl season.

Build the Belt!

Rick

I definitely agree...this was one excellent bowl game. FIU got a good spot on 4th down during their last drive to set up the winning field goal. Quite a comeback by FIU. FIU represented the Sunbelt (as did Troy) very well. The SBC being 2-0 against the Mac does say something about SBC that is positive and should help with recruiting against the MAC. Really a great game to watch. Man, that coach and team was really excited after the game...great to see the emotion. I like to think that this will be UNT in a very short time...SBC or a new conference, but bowl winners once again!