North Texas Should Refuse To Play Texas

greenjoe

I know you guys are joking around, but I do think that North Texas should refuse to play against any school that will not schedule the games home-and home. The students of North Texas invest too much of their money to have the athletic department pad the budget by continuously scheduling embarrassing body bag games.

Real division 1 programs do not sell games to the highest bidder. Real division 1 programs create the best possible product for their customers, then manage and promote the accordingly. Customer loyalty will develop.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I know you guys are joking around, but I do think that North Texas should refuse to play against any school that will not schedule the games home-and home. The students of North Texas invest too much of their money to have the athletic department pad the budget by continuously scheduling embarrassing body bag games.

Real division 1 programs do not sell games to the highest bidder. Real division 1 programs create the best possible product for their customers, then manage and promote the accordingly. Customer loyalty will develop.

Shhhhhh...you'll anger those who swear our players would much rather just share the field with the "big boys" than experience winning and large home crowds.

I agree with Adler. Schedule teams at their place that will schedule us at our new stadium. We're not going to have that old, "nobody wants to play at Fouts" as an excuse anymore.

GO MEAN GREEN

Never-mind that one guarantee game may make more money then NT's whole home schedule. I think NT is in an excellent position only playing one guarantee game a season, look at the other Belt teams' schedules. I had much rather play UT than the other usual suspects LSU, OU and Alabama. Facts are that you are not going to get home games from the elite programs unless you are willing to do 2 or more away for 1 home game deals. These multiple away for one home game can really destroy your home schedules on a long term basis.

• Upvote 1

Never-mind that one guarantee game may make more money then NT's whole home schedule. I think NT is in an excellent position only playing one guarantee game a season, look at the other Belt teams' schedules. I had much rather play UT than the other usual suspects LSU, OU and Alabama. Facts are that you are not going to get home games from the elite programs unless you are willing to do 2 or more away for 1 home game deals. These multiple away for one home game can really destroy your home schedules on a long term basis.

Look, if you're going to play a "fundraiser" game, schedule a Big Ten team, a Big East team, or a Pac-10 team. Not only should you avoid the SEC and the Big XII-II, you really should avoid the Top Teams of those conferences. But, oh no, not here. We want to play at LSU, at Bama, at OU, at Texas, at Florida, at Georgia, etc... Its just stupid. You can't tell me that Washington, Michigan State, or West Virginia wouldn't be better money games for BOTH the football team and the AD. There is a reason that the top two conferences over the last decade are the SEC and the Big XII. Oh well...maybe we can consider this concept in the 2020s.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Look, if you're going to play a "fundraiser" game, schedule a Big Ten team, a Big East team, or a Pac-10 team. Not only should you avoid the SEC and the Big XII-II, you really should avoid the Top Teams of those conferences. But, oh no, not here. We want to play at LSU, at Bama, at OU, at Texas, at Florida, at Georgia, etc... Its just stupid. You can't tell me that Washington, Michigan State, or West Virginia wouldn't be better money games for BOTH the football team and the AD. There is a reason that the top two conferences over the last decade are the SEC and the Big XII. Oh well...maybe we can consider this concept in the 2020s.

Jeez never thought of that, schedule winnable guarantee games. Unfortunately, the guarantee amounts go up with the size of the stadium and attendance which is usually associated with a powerhouse program. It is funny how the amount of the guarantee is correlated to number of teams that want to play an opponent. North Texas is not much a draw anywhere but I am sure West Virginia, Michigan State and Washington would rather play NT than more local teams. Again one guarantee game a year is great, it raises money and most if not all football players want to occasionally play the best. I doubt if any NT players grew up wanted to play the teams you mentioned.

• Upvote 1

Bring on the Horns! We'll Castrate Em'

Till They Sing High Enuf' To Be 1'st Sopranos In the Vienna Boys

Choir! Their Place--Then Our Place...

And We Won't...Back...Down!

Dream on if you think you get a top 25 team to the new stadium---OSU,TT,KSU, SMU,etc.yes but even 2 for 1 you only get it at Jerry's World---there's a reason T$M @ TX Stadium top draw ever for UNT. Wake up the A.D. you can't get a return game with the big boys unless you go to Dallas---see UT @ Roberson for U of H ---will never ever happen again!!!!!!!!!! :growl:

GMG!

• Downvote 2